Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

United to pay $1.1 million for poor wheelchair access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2003, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?id=10880
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">The government found on Friday that United Airlines violated federal disability laws that caused significant delays for certain passengers and fined the carrier $1.1 million.
Under a settlement with the Transportation Department over wheelchair access at United's hub airports, the bankrupt carrier was ordered to pay the government $100,000. The remaining $1 million represents money United has already spent or plans to spend to improve wheelchair and other services for disabled passengers.</font>
Old Dec 5, 2003, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: I do this for a living.
Just what our government needs, 100 grand from UA.

I think the "fine" would have been better assigned by having the airline required to pay for disability-friendly improvements/remodeling in the same amount at specific airports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.