Search

Welcome to Disability Travel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2003, 6:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: I do this for a living.
Welcome to Disability Travel

I want to thank Randy and the FlyerTalk staff for acting on the recommendation to open up this forum.

I hope anyone who needs information for special needs travelers of all kinds will share information and tips here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum97/HTML/000819.html
Old Nov 28, 2003, 11:32 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Cool! Where can I lobby for an Asian forum?
Old Nov 30, 2003, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hedoman:
Cool! Where can I lobby for an Asian forum?</font>
No need to lobby. There's already an Asia forum.

In case that wasn't what you meant, I don't think this is the place to debate the merits of the forum itself. I'd recommend Talkboard Issues, Only Randy Petersen, or Suggestions forums. Any of those would be better suited.

That said, I think the question of whether or not to create a forum based on the characteristic of a traveler is about whether there's something fundamentally different about travel for the group/folks with a characteristic.

I think that the Women Travelers forum, for instance, has been useful to members. I don't read it often, but it looks like there are good discussions about things that I frankly would never think of.. personal safety, packing, etc.

A useful criteria, it seems to me, is (a) a unique travel experience and either (b) dearth of information on that experience or (c) lots of information on the experience and lots of desire to discuss that information.

Seems to me that this forum fits the bill. Of course, the level of activity it receives will help to answer whether that's true.
Old Dec 1, 2003, 7:06 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

I can take no credit for this new forum - the credit, and well-deserved it is, should go to the elected TalkBoard who introduced the topic and kept active its discussion. I only followed their lead to set it up. In particular, Board member wharvey first introduced the proposal to the Board.

Granted, this topic isn't likely to lead the board in number of posts and replies, but that's not how this forum can be defined. For those who do and will have a challenge with travel while being disabled or under medical conditions, we all hope that the community can contribute to the same degree it always has with the topic of miles and points. Bottom line: Thanks TalkBoard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.