Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

Aira Access for Blind, Low Vision, at JFK Terminal 4

Old May 11, 2019, 3:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Aira Ccess for people who are blind or have low vision has been rolled out at New York - JFK Terminal 4 / International Terminal at no cost to users if they use their smartphone. Apparently, Aira Access is already available, free of charge to individuals using Aura Guest, in several locations. Other for pay plans are available as well. As FlyerTalk doesn’t make commercial endorsements, you can explore those for yourself using the link below.

Link to Aira Access home page

Link to Aira Facebook page

Telephone 1-800-835-1934

Aira Access, an app and service from Aira, a company that focuses on using technology to assist blind and low-vision people. The program connects a passenger with an agent who acts as a guide and uses the passenger’s smartphone camera as well as GPS data to help him make his way through the terminal while avoiding obstacles and crowds of people.

At (JFK) Terminal 4, a traveler can use Aira Access (free of charge) to check flight status, go through a security checkpoint, walk to a gate, find luggage, and use a self-service kiosk, as well as visit restaurants and shops within the terminal.

Link to full article in Frequent Business Traveler
It’s frustrating to me they don’t list all locations with Aira Access. The closest I can come is a statement on their site, and I’m sure not every store or location will offer this service.

Locations – free to use while in a growing number of locations like Walgreens, AT&T stores, airports, and federal buildings.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.