Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wheelchair transfer in LAX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Wheelchair transfer in LAX

I'm wondering how wheelchair passengers are transferred in LAX? My parents are arriving at TBIT (international flight) and will be transferred to Terminal 6. I'm also arriving to LAX and joining them to onward flight. Would they be wheeled out and board shuttle to terminal 6 or transferred internally? Thanks!
Old Dec 13, 2019, 2:36 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Sorry you did not get a response. I would have liked to read it too. Hopefully, it all worked out. Might want to post the actual experience that your parents had
Old Dec 13, 2019, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A few years back my wife was using a chair for an injury (walking was very painful) and connected through LAX. Our connection could be done entirely indoors. However, I did have a couple of issues with the situation:

1) They wanted to take the chair away while we waited for our next flight. We had a long connection, how was she supposed to get to the bathroom? She simply refused to get out of the chair until a replacement was brought, I don't think anything would have been done otherwise.

2) There were no family bathrooms. Fortunately, she isn't one to freak out at having to use the men's room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.