Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

I have Cerebral Palsy and need to register my mobility scooter [with VY]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:56 am
Original Poster

I have Cerebral Palsy and need to register my mobility scooter with Vueling Airlines. I purchased the BA ticket on ba.com. I’ve phoned Vueling customer services (020 3514 3971) but get cut off because Vueling’s voice recognition system doesn’t understand me saying ”Details”! BA customer services say they can’t call Vueling customer services for me because Vueling have their own security procedure! I am well-travelled and have never had this issue before.

Last Tuesday, I sent Vueling a message with my scooter details, via their website, but haven’t had a response (other than an auto-response acknowledgement). PLEASE HELP.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Do you have a friend, family member or aid that could help make the phone call?

If not, Vueling has a reputation for not being great with response times but they may be better when using social media contacts. https://www.vueling.com/en/we-are-vu...rks#contenedor Twitter seems to be the better platform when it comes to airline customer service.

Good luck.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:50 pm

Might not be the best solution but maybe play an audio clip of somebody saying "details" and hold the phone near the speaker?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Not to be funny, but do you say duh-TAILS or DEE-tails? If the former, try the latter.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk @Patrick Souiljaert.

Please follow the redirect as we relocate this thread.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Thank you.I got it all sorted on Wednesday. I tweeted Vueling. My flatmate got me passed the voice recognition bit but the UK phone number goes through to agents in the US, who deal with the American market. I then got through to an Italian-speaking lady and got cut off. So I scooted to my local citizens advice bureau. After they phoned the UK number 3 times and insisted to be put through to someone who could help, they were. We got through to a really nice lady, who found the msg I had sent and registered my scooter. I received a reply from Vueling on Twitter, asking me to DM them details.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Patrick Souiljaert
Thank you.I got it all sorted on Wednesday. I tweeted Vueling. My flatmate got me passed the voice recognition bit but the UK phone number goes through to agents in the US, who deal with the American market. I then got through to an Italian-speaking lady and got cut off. So I scooted to my local citizens advice bureau. After they phoned the UK number 3 times and insisted to be put through to someone who could help, they were. We got through to a really nice lady, who found the msg I had sent and registered my scooter. I received a reply from Vueling on Twitter, asking me to DM them details.
Glad it worked out ^

Thanks for following up.

Happy travels!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.