Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page > Air Canada - free admittance to Lounge for Attendant?

Air Canada - free admittance to Lounge for Attendant?

Old Nov 3, 17, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Air Canada - free admittance to Lounge for Attendant?

Hi,

my friend and I, both disabled are going to LHR in May 2018 on Aeroplan rewards points
As business class flyers we are able to use the Air Canada Lounge. However when using the lounge in 2012 and 2013 I was charged a fee of at least $25 for my husband/attendant to enter the lounge as well. He flies on an economy ticket.

Would it be too much to ask to allow him complimentary access to the lounge in order to help push my wheelchair around and assist with other needs in general?

Any input? Do I need to contact the Air Canada Concierge for this or what would you guys advise?

Many thanks for any input.

Magster
Old Nov 4, 17, 7:35 am
Original Poster

I think I found the answer! :-)

Went on the Business class website of Air Canada and found that if you have an aeroplan ticket you get a one-time GUEST access pass for the Maple Leaf Lounges once a year.

I guess that answers my question. Just wanted to let everybody else know.
Old Jan 7, 18, 2:06 pm

My first time flying air canada. Is the seat room ft he same as the premium economy comfort seats? It's considerably higher than my budget but I need space. I am traveling to London. Would appreciate any suggestions. Is the lounge worth the $25? If so, why? Thanks

Search this Thread