Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

AA Website Special Assistance Request Not Getting Through

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador

This is the second time this has happened to me, so I am beginning to wonder if this is a feature, not a bug. I put in a request for special assistance, explaining that I am traveling with my own wheelchair, etc., etc., into the appropriate section of the AA website ("Special Assistance"). I received an automated reply after I hit submit, telling me I would be hearing from AA within a few days. Well, my flight is tomorrow morning, and as of this morning . . . crickets.

I called AA this morning, and lo and behold, the request showed up in the "Notes" section of my reservation, but had never made it to the Special Assistance Desk. The agent I spoke with was lovely, took my information, and everything has been resolved. She also said that she will be taking this up the chain, since it is a problem that pax are making arrangements on the website, and the information never reaches Special Assistance.

For now, all I can do is call the desk instead of making arrangements electronically, but . . . wow.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: AA PPRO (OW Emerarld), BA Silver, DL PM
This has happened to me from time to time. I fill out the special assistance requests when making a reservation (usually). Nine out of 10 times it follows through to my record, but I always, always follow up with a phone call to the American Airlines special assistance desk at (800) 237-7976. Keep that number handy for all reservations in the future because calling general reservations it's often difficult to be transferred to that specific department. Just do it as a matter of course. Their website sucks. Deal with it. Make your reservation and immediately call the special assistance office and go through the 20 questions. Sorry this has happened to you this trip but hopefully in the future you won't have the same bed like going directly to the special assistance folks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.