Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

Charged for disability assistance - Madrid, IB/BA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2017, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL. HH Diamond. CC, SPG, MR Gold.

Has anyone had any experience of being charged for disability assistance?

I travelled with my wife yesterday from Madrid to Heathrow, on a BA coded but IB operated flight.

My wife is blind, and as usual with many airports that means she's pushed around in a wheelchair as that's the only assistance they offer.

Yesterday, after passing through border control into the non-schengen area, the agent started talking to me in Spanish, (which unfortunately I don't speak). Having relayed that, the agent stopped, held up the booking form, and repeatedly stated "Euros, I push, 20 euros".

I had had complained to BA, as whilst I am aware they are not responsible, they are my ticketing agent, and also their web form worked easily in English so air could send this immediately. I couldn't find an English version of Madrid airports complaints page, (and translation services tend not to work very well on an iPhone).

Im just wondering if anyone has experienced this before, and/or has any suggestions on where to take this forward to - (as I am assume I'm correct in thinking I should not have been charged)!

Many thanks for your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.