Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

Additional Seat - LATAM - Medical Conditions/Extra Comfort

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Additional Seat - LATAM - Medical Conditions/Extra Comfort

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Question Additional Seat - LATAM - Medical Conditions/Extra Comfort

Latam has the option of purchasing an additional seat next to yours 48 hours prior to your travel if you need extra room for a medical condition, disability or simply needing to be more comfortable. I've booked our tickets 8 months ago and has since injured my coccyx which makes it impossible to sit for any length of time, especially in the same upright position. I've had every possible treatment and have been prescribed very strong painkillers (none of which helped) so I'm really not looking forward to 27 hours all up one way in a single seat in economy. I've considered an upgrade to premium economy but on the longest leg of our flights they do not have premium economy seats, so I'll have to fork out an additional $5000 per person for business class. Then I discovered the "additional seat" option and I'm just wondering if anyone had used this before. How much is the additional seat - is it the same as another ticket or just an additional set fee? How easy was it to book? Apart from mentioning the seat option, there is no information on cost, etc. on the Latam website.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:07 pm

So sorry to hear about your injury! I’m guessing you’ll call the airline and ask about the option - let us know what you find out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.