Wiki Posts
Search

Medical supplies on board

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2016, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Medical supplies on board

I'm looking for what Alaska and Hainan say about it, ideally something I can print and bring along in case I get a GA that wants to make trouble.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:20 pm

Are you asking what medical supplies aircraft from those airlines routinely carry? I don't quite understand what the question is.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Here's Alaska's policy:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...xceptions.aspx

These items may be brought onboard without counting toward your carry-on limit.

Coats, hats, umbrellas (compact size that easily fits into an overhead bin, under the seat or in a suitcase)
A pillow for personal use
Food for immediate consumption
Reasonable amount of reading material
FAA approved child/infant restraint seats to be occupied by a child, strollers (based on space availability; space guaranteed only with the purchase of a ticket for the infant)
Service Animals, including properly documented emotional support animals
Mobility/Medical assistive devices such as wheelchairs, canes, crutches, continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machines, approved portable oxygen concentrators (POC) etc.
Prescription medications and any medical devices needed to administer them (for example: syringes, auto- injections) as long as they comply with applicable safety, security, and hazardous materials rules.
Note: To qualify as an exception to the carry-on limit, only medication and medical devices may be placed in the bag.

Luckily, you can also carry on human organs, too.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Here's Alaska's policy:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...xceptions.aspx

Luckily, you can also carry on human organs, too.
Yup, that's what I was looking for. Technically it could pose a problem as it's actually OTC, just rare enough to be mail order only. TSA has never given me trouble but Delta has and I want to be as prepared as possible.

Anyone got Hainan's? Chinese language is acceptable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.