Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

Renting a wheelchair at destination

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2015, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

I'm traveling with my mom who occasionally needs a wheelchair. We've got everything set for the airports, but I wondered if anyone knows if there is a way to rent a wheelchair for the weekend - either through the airport or the car rental company. We're flying into PHL and renting from Hertz. Any suggestions?

THANKS!

Gary Rifkin
Old May 19, 2015, 4:51 pm

I'd suggest trying pharmacies and/or durable medical equipment supply places.

You might also consider renting or purchasing a lightweight transport chair prior to your trip - that way you'll know what you're getting in advance. I've found that rental wheelchairs can be in pretty awful condition.
Old May 20, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
I just used these guys last week and had excellent service from them. Both powered and non-powered chairs are available, and they can have the chair at your rental car company or at your hotel upon arrival. Be thoughtful about how long you need it. Shaving a day off can save you a considerable amount of money, depending on the total length of stay, so ask plenty of questions.
http://www.scootaround.com/our-rental-equipment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.