Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

International Airline Travel - GF Food Reliability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 7:58 am
Original Poster

I have celiac disease, and I travel. Although my travel to date has been domestic I’m about to spread my wings and travel international.

Domestic travel for me is easy; I pack snacks for the inevitable delays and eat before and after the trip. International will be different simply because the flights are longer. Additionally, I’d really like to be served a meal on-board. That’s luxury. I’ll be traveling either first or business. With that in mind:

(1) I’ve heard that airline catering from the US is iffy due to shared kitchen space, but catering from Italy is reliable. Is that true?

(2) Besides Italy, which other countries (or countries/airlines) provide reliable gluten-free food?

(3) To protect against cross contact in the galley, do I have to ask the FA to deliver my meal unwrapped?

I do have a Nima Sensor and will use it, so the margin for error is greater than otherwise.

All help appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.