Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page > Paranoid about new wheelchair

Paranoid about new wheelchair

Old Oct 17, 17, 9:16 am
Moderator: Women Travelers and Disability Travel

+1 to DeafFlyer’s comment about attaching your name. I have a luggage tag (actually one of those metal dog tags you can have engraved) with my name, email address and phone number permanently looped around my axle.
Old Nov 12, 17, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by DeafFlyer View Post
Pin a note to it that says, "do not fold" in various languages, depending on where you're going. I actually did pin a "property of DeafFlyer" to my chair when I was paranoid someone would take it, thinking it was an airport chair. I even had my picture on it. Why? Because I am always the last one off of the plane.
This is my worry too. I am going to attach notes to it (and perhaps I'll take your pic suggestion) but I was also considering a GPS tag as well.
I really REALLY don't want to have to replace this sucker because of theft, even if it's inadvertent.
I was thinking maybe it's a good idea to personalize my chair a bit so just looking at it the chairs appearance would scream "I belong to someone".
My chair is insured, it's not so much the cost but the inconvenience of having to order a replacement and wait for it to arrive quite awhile later that concerns me.