Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

Any domestic evac policies to home area (domestic & intl)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2013, 6:33 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.

I posted back in Feb about trip cancellation insurance for intl. This post is about if there is anything for domestic travel where I get hurt far away in the USA & Canada, etc in addition to intl.

Recently, I fractured my hip in San Diego. (100 miles from home). I recovered enough that 9 days later, I was able to go home by car. ^ I was one of 2 (out of 500 hip fractures that got to go hospital directly to home instead of hospital to rehab to home ^--the other person was in his 20's, I am a 55 yr old male--not exactly young!).

With my recent injury, that woke me up to see if there is a travel evac policy that covers transport to our home area (LAX) It was a mild inconvenience for my wife to be 100 miles from home but doable). What if I was somewhere far away domestically from Southern Calif such as the East Coast USA, Canada, etc?

I never took out a travel policy before but with my cancer and my hip fracture, I woke up to ask on FT if there is any policy that covers medical transport to our home area. I may be "dreaming" but I wonder if such an policy existed.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 7:34 pm

Allianz carries medivac insurance. Other companies do as well. The link above is from my state of PA. All states are different. Check out Travel Guard too.

Hope this all works out for you.

I just found this site. it lists medical evacuation.

Bobette

Last edited by b1513; Mar 13, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.