Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

Deaf flyer harassed by TSA at Louisville airport - blog

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA gold

A deaf friend of mine posted this link on her Fakebook page about a blog post.

http://teaandtheatre.tumblr.com/post/26846647001

I've had a read, and quite astounded that such a thing could happen, if 100% true.

However, I am also aware there's two sides to every story but my flying experience in the US is extremely limited.

Certainly not an experience that I've ever encountered in all my years of flying internationally, thank goodness!

Any US-based deaf flyers care to comment?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: United MP
I'm having a hard time believing it happened the way he wrote it. I get the feeling he left out a lot of details.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeafFlyer
I'm having a hard time believing it happened the way he wrote it. I get the feeling he left out a lot of details.
I agree.

I'm interested more and more on what the other story might have been now that he pulled his post - he did not want it to go viral, wanting only 10 people to see it, not 1800+.

If that happened the way he described for me, I'd want the whole bloody world to know, and I'm an a very private person (even more so than the average Brit).
Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

The TSA blog has responded to this alleged incident:

http://blog.tsa.gov/2012/07/alleged-...enger-who.html
Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:23 pm

Interesting... I've had some stuff happen with the TSA but nothing as morbid as this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.