Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Disability Travel
Reload this Page >

Continental 757s, Don't Book Economy Plus Aisle Seats

Old Sep 27, 2011, 11:27 am
Original Poster

If you need an aisle seat because of your disability, do not waste your money buying up to Economy Plus on CO when flying a 757. The only economy plus aisle seat in the 757 has been blocked off, and you can only use it if you 'have a fused or immobilized leg, or a service animal'. So if you book an aisle seat and upgrade to economy plus, you'll find yourself in a window seat. (If you *do* have an immobilized leg or service animal, then you can get the seat for free anyway.)

I booked before they brought in this policy. And while I would be willing to hand over to someone with a service animal or immobilized leg, I still need an aisle to avoid difficulty getting out with a walking aid, and ability to get the walking aid quickly stowed/returned by the FA before/after takeoff/landing. So I'll now have a little extra hassle at the airport where I have to ask nicely for the seat I paid for, or try and get a refund for having to move to an Economy Minus seat to get an aisle.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
CO doesn't have E+ ! Not sure what this is about. The good news is that starting in 2012, CO will be installing E+.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:24 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
It's pretty clear he is talking about the ELR seats CO sells which are typically bulkhead and exit row seats.

But what I want to know is he referring to the domestic 753 or the international configured 752?
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:19 pm

Perhaps the OP is confused with the ongoing CO/UA merger and the fact that UA has E+ seating.

However, regardless of the airline any exit row seating is allowed only for enabled/able bodied people who are sufficiently strong and mobile enough to push/shove/pull/open/lift the emergency door and also the passenger must speak/understand the language spoken on that airline in case of crew commands. Also must be >15 y/o, not visually or hearing disabled, must not be caring for a pet or young child, must not be using a seat-belt extender. This is not meant to discriminate against anyone with a disability, children or weight issues, but for safety reasons.

As far as other priority or extra legroom seats, no specific issues (other than monetary) should prevent someone from booking those.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.