Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

cereal eaters: how long does it take you to go through a box?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cereal eaters: how long does it take you to go through a box?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Generally I find cereals to be too sweet (Corn Flakes) or way too sweet (any of the even more added sugar ones). About the only one I like is Nature's Path Mega Sunrise - and it takes longer to go stale so the three or so weeks the packet is open works just fine.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:32 am

A box of Post Raisin Bran lasts me about a week. My digestive system requires the ingestion of a bowl of Post Raisin Bran every morning. It has told me on numerous occasions that nothing else will do. And it has to be Post. No Kelloggs, Trader Joe's, Malt-o-Meal; nope, nada but the original. When I travel a bag of PRB accompanies me.

Also, I highly suspect that the 20oz box grocery store box is a higher quality distribution than the 25oz box mega mart/bullseye offerings.

Now that Post Holdings has been spun off, post-off sales in the market have become few and far between. And paper coupons even rarer. Lucky for me last week my local market had a buy 5 get 1 free special at $2/box. The larder is stocked for the winter!
Old Aug 26, 2023, 8:29 pm

How long it takes for me to get through a box

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
I'm talking the normal size boxes, not those jumbo ones.

How long will a box of cereal last in your home? I'm the only one that eats cereal in my house and I think I plow through a box every 4 days or so. I must be pouring big bowls.
= it takes me two to three days and half a gallon of milk or more
gaobest likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
1-2 weeks because it’s more a treat and not brekky. I mostly buy Trader Joe’s cluster cereals and have a bowl with berries and milk. I use gallon ziplock bags for the cereal bag and then put the bag of bagged cereal in the cereal box. Half the time it’s a late night stoner treat. It’s still good when sober.

Last edited by gaobest; Aug 26, 2023 at 10:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.