Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Dominos Oreo Dessert Pizza...ever had it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2007, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP

I've seen the ads lately and it looks decent, I don't know if I'd like it though. Nor do I like Dominos out of the chain pizza places...

This MSNBC blog says
But it sounds like something concocted in a pothead’s dorm room VERY late at night.
http://adblog.msnbc.msn.com/

Anybody here tried one already and can comment on it?
Old Sep 18, 2007, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA
This is heresay, so take what you will from it.

Two of my friends, with whom I have frequent lunches and dinners and therefore know their tastes, tried it last week. They reported that it was sickeningly sweet and not at all what it looked like in the commercials.

As an aside, you can make your own dessert pizza in the time it would take to deliver one to your door. Roll or press flat a tube of sugar cookie dough onto a cookie sheet. Add toppings (including Oreos if you like, although I would scrape out the filling or it'll end up too sweet). Bake for however long at whatever temp the package says. Ta da!
Old Sep 18, 2007, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
My fiance' and her best friend encountered one of these so-called "dessert pizzas" first hand and said it looked and tasted utterly disgusting.

I cannot imagine pigging out on Domino's pizza only to chase it down with a couple slices of this culinary masterpiece.

Craig
Old Sep 18, 2007, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL PLT, CO PLT, Marriott PLT, SPG PLT
looks gross
Old Sep 19, 2007, 11:54 am

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
Originally Posted by mjord
looks gross
Ditto. When I first saw the commercial my reaction was, how dare they use the words Oreo and pizza in the same sentence ! The whole point behind eating Oreos is the thrill of separating them, then eating the frosting inside by scraping them with your teeth. This is followed by eating the now bare, chocolate cookie. Everyone knows this !!!
Old Sep 19, 2007, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by phillygold
Ditto. When I first saw the commercial my reaction was, how dare they use the words Oreo and pizza in the same sentence ! The whole point behind eating Oreos is the thrill of separating them, then eating the frosting inside by scraping them with your teeth. This is followed by eating the now bare, chocolate cookie. Everyone knows this !!!
to be fair, oreos are pretty good in a milkshake or ice cream. dessert pizza? not so much.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 12:14 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by mjord
looks gross
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

Worse yet are the commercials they are using to promote it.... gross!
Old Sep 19, 2007, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA
The whole point behind eating Oreos is the thrill of separating them, then eating the frosting inside by scraping them with your teeth. This is followed by eating the now bare, chocolate cookie. Everyone knows this !!!
Some of us prefer the balance of sweet, creamy filling against the crisp chocolatey cookie and eat Oreos as they were meant to be: intact.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 12:33 pm

The whole point behind eating Oreos is the thrill of separating them, then eating the frosting inside by scraping them with your teeth. This is followed by eating the now bare, chocolate cookie. Everyone knows this !!!
Originally Posted by Owlchick
Some of us prefer the balance of sweet, creamy filling against the crisp chocolatey cookie and eat Oreos as they were meant to be: intact.
While these methods both seem to be widely accepted practices of Oreo consumption, I think it is safe to say that not too many folks are keen to ingest their Oreos in crumbled form, on top of greasy pizza dough and slathered in pasty, overly sweetened icing substance. @:-)

Craig
Old Sep 19, 2007, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA *G MM, AA G MM
Originally Posted by drummingcraig
While these methods both seem to be widely accepted practices of Oreo consumption, I think it is safe to say that not too many folks are keen to ingest their Oreos in crumbled form, on top of greasy pizza dough and slathered in pasty, overly sweetened icing substance. @:-)

Craig
Well, if you take into consideration the number of college students in the US... I see a market for it...

Myself, I woudln't even consider it!
Old Sep 19, 2007, 12:53 pm

A coworker of mine had one recently and brought leftovers in for lunch. He loved it, but his idea of fine dining is a fist full of white bread and a hunk of Velveeta.

Personally, I would not ingest that slop.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by SQ59
He loved it, but his idea of fine dining is a fist full of white bread and a hunk of Velveeta.
Ahh.. The "Butt Putty Sandwich"
Old Sep 19, 2007, 1:01 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
No thanks; my blood has gotten into the habit of freely flowing thru my arteries and veins and would prefer I keep it that way.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 1:21 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
In my opinion the only fast food chain that has done something great with the Oreo is Boston Market and their Oreo brownie.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 1:24 pm

I've got to say that the concept didn't enthuse me and the tv ads didn't help at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.