The Filipino Food Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Filipino Food Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by work2fly
Any tuyo fans? I usually leave the room when the wife and kids dig into that. I know it doesn't taste bad, but the smell. Ugh, in comparison, durian smells like a bouquet of flowers
Never been a fan of tuyo. Too salty and the vinegar dipping sauce doesn't help.

Tinapa on the other hand (smoked), I enjoy. It's good with munggo soup and pancit palabok.

Moving on, I've been eating a lot of longaniza recently. Homemade with some rice and eggs. Yum. ^
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:24 pm

Does anyone offer mail order lumpia?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by tfjim
Does anyone offer mail order lumpia?
Here you go:
https://www.philamfood.com/
tfjim likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:17 pm

have any of you guys try the taxi drivers street side favorite MAMI/PARES
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:28 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Just had a Filipino dinner with a few others, our table dined on:

Bangus Sisig - Made up of boneless bangus (milkfish) cooked with onions and sweet chili peppers, serve don a sizzling plate.

Beef Steak Tagalog - Thinly sliced beef cooked in soy sauce and lemon juice and topped with slices of onions, served with white rice.

Lechon Kawali - Crispy deep fried pork belly dish served with a side of lec hon sauce

Adobong Kambing - goat adobo - tender goat meat stewed in garlic, onions, vinegar, and soy sauce.

Fried Chicken - Specially marinated chicken, deep fried making it crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.

Laing (with Shrimp) - Spicy dish made from dried taro leaves and made creamy by using rich coconut milk with shrimp and shrimp paste for added flavor.

I really enjoyed the Bangus Sisig, ratios of items were spot on, flavors fresh & deep, the skin became almost like a potato chip, the whole dish just worked, fantastic.

"Filipino" Fried Chicken was juicy, perhaps a hint of curry in the coating, was tasty but I don't need to order again

For a "veggie" dish, the Laing I would have liked to be more funky with shrimp paste, I really couldn't detect any, still a very good dish and one I'd order again.

The goat adobo was not as stellar as before but I did notice that it got better after it cooled off a bit. I'll still order this again next time.

Lechon was crisp skin, good fat & meat.

The tagalong had a beef jerky like flavor, good but don't feel the need to order again.

I will for sure get the bangus sisig, goat adobo and liang next go around, but will delve deeper into other options.

Thanks work2fly on the feedback^
Old Aug 4, 2021, 1:35 pm

Goldilocks @ SFO T1

I was pleasantly surprised to see a Goldilocks open in T1 in SFO during our wait for an early morning flight recently.

We were able to grab spam & eggs over garlic rice for breakfast at the gate and enjoyed our siopao and empanadas on-board.

Upon our return, we picked up Bicol Express, Chicken Curry, and Lumpia for that night’s dinner!

They have fairly generous hours (4am to midnight) and make a great addition to T1!

Old Aug 5, 2021, 12:37 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
We have a Jolibee opening soon here in South Florida. I hope Chow King and Goldilocks will soon follow. I can get some Goldilocks' bakery items at a nearby Asian shopping mart, but they are made in the San Diego area and shipped with a shelf life that means there are many preservatives in them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.