FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   DiningBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz-371/)
-   -   Your favorite bar snack? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz/688512-your-favorite-bar-snack.html)

BamaVol May 1, 2007 8:48 am

Your favorite bar snack?

I like to sit at the bar. I like to drink beer. I'm especially pleased when the bartender puts a bowl of something in front of me to nibble on. Of course if he doesn't, I'm inclined to look at the appetizer menu.

my favorite freebie: beer nuts

my favorite appetizer: wings, I guess, but if there's an asian nibble like potstickers or eggrolls, I'll go that way.

you?

jzoz01 May 1, 2007 9:25 am

Favorite freebie: Pretzels

Appetizer: Wings or Nachos are always pretty consistent no matter where you go.

dhammer53 May 1, 2007 10:20 am

Make sure the bartender gives you a fresh pour from the bag of nuts.

Restaurant surveys show that 50% of men and woman do not wash their hands after using the bathroom. The survey suggests that it's not clean to eat any open food at a bar (or anywhere for that matter ie. trade shows).

dh

cyberdad May 1, 2007 1:07 pm

Twinkies!

Great with a cold PBR :)

ekert May 1, 2007 3:42 pm

I've never seen Twinkies at a bar, but I do like Gardetto's snack mix.

cyberdad May 1, 2007 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by ekert (Post 7671309)
I've never seen Twinkies at a bar

John's Bar, downtown LaCrosse, WI....."back in the day".

Also perhaps the last bar in North America to have five juke box plays for a quarter (up until around 1990 or so).

work2fly May 1, 2007 6:11 pm

a loaded plate of nachos

cubbie May 1, 2007 8:11 pm

My *least* favorite free bar snack is the mix put out at Admirals Club lounges ... all the picking I have to do (of the sample on my napkin, not the big bowl, of course) to get past all the tooth-breakingly dry pretzels.

Favorite bar snack: mustard-flavored Gardetto's. Especially nice with a gin and tonic, not that I'd necessarily recommend that before boarding a flight.

Think I'll run to the store and get some right now.

Favorite appetizers: potstickers, mozzarella cheese sticks ... oh, heck, I like all appetizers. Except, I'd like to say nachos, because I really love nachos when they're done well. But I've gotten really lousy nachos so many times in airport bars that I'm afraid to order them any more.

degendanny May 1, 2007 8:15 pm

mozzarella sticks and beer. yum yum. maybe thats why i weigh so much?

MileageAddict May 1, 2007 8:18 pm

Favorite freebie: Smokehouse almonds!

francophile May 1, 2007 11:01 pm

At T.G.I.Friday's, I really like the Jack Daniels sesame chicken strips.

sandyweb33 May 1, 2007 11:06 pm

cheese and crackers
anything hot/spicy like wasabi peas

silverthief2 May 1, 2007 11:22 pm

Favorite freebie = popcorn topped with M&Ms. Saw it in a bar in NYC, everyone else seemed to be enjoying it so I tried it. Really good. We won't think about the calories. :)

Favorite appetizer = Batter-dipped mushrooms if available. If not, chicken nachos.

mlatuchie May 2, 2007 7:48 am

Originally Posted by ekert (Post 7671309)
I've never seen Twinkies at a bar, but I do like Gardetto's snack mix.

Fried twinkies are pretty popular in Philadelphia - they were just taken off the menu at my favorite bar, Drinker's Pub, when it shifted to a Mexican menu. :td:

iluvmorocco May 7, 2007 6:40 pm

I love nachos, almonds, pretzels, and a lot more! In fact many of my friends say that the snacks motivate me to try out a particular country's nightlife scene!