Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What are the best foods for frequent travelers to bring on board?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are the best foods for frequent travelers to bring on board?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2020, 12:00 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by MareLuce

What / where is ULH ?
Ultra Long Haul, flights of extra long time/miles usually greater than 7 to 8 hours.

Like Asia to Eastern United States and Canada non stop, or maybe in your case Europe to Australia/South America
MareLuce likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:49 pm

A Whole Foods employee suggested canned dolmas! It is in a small can that opens via a TAB!

I'm planning on these dolmas + pistachios + a pouch of 3 oz of protein like lemon pepper chicken + a couple of my favorite flatbread crisps
- It would get me through 10 hours of the 15 hours.
- It won't taste like a granola bar since I've OD'd on those and the idea of another is repulsive.
- It's missing veggies but ya can't have everything .
- It can all be packed in my suitcase for a week till I really need it on the return flight back. I'll put it all in a gallon Ziploc with 2 paper plates, disposable utensils, and 2 paper towels.
- I think the flavored liquid part of the dolmas will be a good glue to hold the protein and anything else I add in together.

Too bad there's no such thing as a collapsible paper bowl that folds flat to mix it up in. There would be less disaster potential mixing it up in a paper bowl vs a paper plate.
I know those collapsible silicone camping bowls exist but they are all way too heavy for intl travel.

Last edited by MareLuce; Feb 10, 2020 at 12:55 pm
Old Jul 20, 2021, 3:03 am

There is always room for garlic.
corky and JBord like this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by GarlicFlyer
There is always room for garlic.
More like, there’s always room after garlic. You can have that whole row to yourself.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 3:55 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
I always bring on shelled pistachio nuts as well as the lunch bags of the Frito Lay snack packs for my flights to the Philippines. If I fly domestic, I usually will not bring anything extra unless I get hungry, then it's something from the news stand or food court while I am in the airport waiting for my flight.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 10:08 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Most recently, whilst pregnant, a massive slice of chocolate cake in a clear clamshell, an individually packaged whole pickle, a few hard boiled eggs in a ziplock, unsalted almonds, dried apricots. I had a bit of trouble with the pickle but a more senior TSA took one look at my belly and waived me through.

Outbound, I have also taken cold sesame noodles with chicken, Thai glass noodle salad, Vietnamese steak and vermicelli, futomaki sushi, small portion of shrimp cocktail. Homeward bound I would sometimes have instant miso soup. For snacks, I almost always have travel-chocolate (Ritter Sport) and a granola bar in my carry-on. Fruit with peel (oranges, mangoes) is almost always a good idea

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.