Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your personal food rules.....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:50 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I would agree with this most of the time. But last fall I discovered that Crown Royal Vanilla mixes very well with apple cider.
I suppose it's more of a general rule, as cost doesn't necessarily relate to quality, and most flavored liquors are made to be mixed.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Unsalted butter only

I hate mayo as a condiment.

I'll try anything once.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
I was just reminded of one of my personal rules:

No raisins in anything. They are an abomination.
trooper and elizacat like this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by wrp96

How else can we make liquor in prison?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by wrp96

Mmmm. Warm raisin pie a la mode.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
Candied fruit in fruitcake is nasty.
There is no mincemeat pie that is good. They are all nasty.
Peppercorns in salami are nasty.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I generally don't go to chain restaurants when traveling that are available where I live--with few exceptions. (For example, the Olive Garden in Times Square would be off limits when visiting NYC, but Waffle House is acceptable since there are none in California.) As for exceptions, going to somewhere like McDonald's in another country can be acceptable if the purpose is to try a menu item that isn't available in the US.

As for food in general, I'm not too big of a fan of mushrooms but I'll eat them if provided.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by tmiw
I generally don't go to chain restaurants when traveling that are available where I live--with few exceptions. (For example, the Olive Garden in Times Square would be off limits when visiting NYC, but Waffle House is acceptable since there are none in California.) As for exceptions, going to somewhere like McDonald's in another country can be acceptable if the purpose is to try a menu item that isn't available in the US.

As for food in general, I'm not too big of a fan of mushrooms but I'll eat them if provided.
Reminds me of morels on steak in Paris. That was a mighty fine dinner.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold

That's an interesting rule, nice if you can actually follow it. Is much of your travel for business? I find it nearly impossible to avoid chains completely when on business. Often I'm ducking into a Panera, or Subway or something similar on my way to a meeting.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JBord
That's an interesting rule, nice if you can actually follow it. Is much of your travel for business? I find it nearly impossible to avoid chains completely when on business. Often I'm ducking into a Panera, or Subway or something similar on my way to a meeting.
Most of my travel is personal so I have some flexibility. ^ Last time I traveled for business, however, I managed to accomplish that with no issues. (Hotel provided free breakfast and the conference provided free lunch, leaving only dinner to have to figure out.)
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat

Reminds of a scene from the Office where Michael is excited about going to corporate in NY. He can't wait to eat at his fav seafood place: Red Lobster and his fav Italian Rest: Sbarro's. (Though it may have been Olive Garden...Im getting old.)
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: SPG, Rapid Rewards, HHonors.
1) Ketchup goes on the side, never on top!
2) Gave up meat 3 years ago and haven't looked back. Would love to give up seafood but haven't gotten to it. Especially as it becomes harder to find wild caught fish at the typical grocery stores
3) I usually eat one thing on the plate at a time.

I would love to kick processed foods like most of you but haven't built the discipline for that yet
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Fast food overseas is a completely different thread!
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I hate food touching. Different foods need to be in their own area. I hate meat put on mashed potatoes, chips or vegies. Put it straight on my plate.

Originally Posted by schmoove
1)
3) I usually eat one thing on the plate at a time.

t yet
Me too. No mixing.

Last edited by cblaisd; Sep 15, 2017 at 7:46 am Reason: merged poster's two consecutive posts
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I hate food touching. Different foods need to be in their own area.
They make plates to help you.
Attached Images  
cblaisd and cubbie like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.