Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Chipotle" thread

Consolidated "Chipotle" thread

Old May 11, 2016, 7:18 pm

Atl

There is a chipotle in terminal D in Atlanta.
Old May 15, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA Silver
So ... I've been to Chipotle twice in the past two months (the 1st time being my "first" time). Reason being I got the free burrito via text and then I got another coupon in the mail.

I wasn't avoiding them because of the health "scare", I'm just generally a tightwad who won't pay for fast food when I have food at home I can eat (Sausage Egg McMuffins being the exception).

I have to say pretty good. Good service, burritos were good (and as IceTrojan said, the "freeness" made it all the more delicious ).

My comment/semi-"complaint" would be though, these things are HUGE. I'm genuinely surprised they don't offer a smaller version. Yes, I could only eat half, but ...
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Can I Safely Go Back to Chipotle?

My grandson introduced me to Chipotle and I really miss them, since the E coli business. What is the sense of their current safety issues? I haven't heard about any problems for quite some time now.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
They are having "Chiptopia" where you can earn free entrees and more this summer. https://chipotle.com/chiptopia#
Old Jul 3, 2016, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by JerryFF
My grandson introduced me to Chipotle and I really miss them, since the E coli business. What is the sense of their current safety issues? I haven't heard about any problems for quite some time now.
Essentially, they brought in outside experts to assess vulnerabilities in their supply chain, and also in the area of in-store issues (the Boston area outbreak was not e.coli, but was attributed to sick workers with an active virus).

Certain things like, for one example, where lettuce was cut and prepared, was completely changed to try to eliminate chances of contamination. Suppliers were scrutinized much more closely as well.

In the stores, local managers were mandated to be much more strict about not allowing staff with signs of colds and other illness to work - even if it meant closing a location early if substitutes could not be found.

I am fairly risk-averse, but I would go, especially now that they are introducing chorizo.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
I stopped eating at Chipotle for 3-4 months after the E coli outbreak began but I haven't had any issues. They started making small changes (more visible cleaning, no more lemons sitting out at the drink counter, etc) which may just be for show but I haven't seen nearly as many dirty counters as I did before the health scare.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The one in IAD seems to be always crowded, both with travelers and employees. But I too have stayed away. In places like LA or anywhere near the Mexican border there are so many places that have vastly better burritos and use better quality meat.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I took a 3-4 month break too, but now I'm back. However, every one I've ever been to looks immaculate to me.

I got their awards card, but I'm not sure I'll be there once a week each month to get a free meal. If it was cumulative, it would be one thing, but to have to start over each month seems a bit much.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I took a 3-4 month break too, but now I'm back. However, every one I've ever been to looks immaculate to me.

I got their awards card, but I'm not sure I'll be there once a week each month to get a free meal. If it was cumulative, it would be one thing, but to have to start over each month seems a bit much.
If you hit the highest tier each month, you earn free catering for 20 people.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
If you hit the highest tier each month, you earn free catering for 20 people.
Well, that's true, but you'd have to eat there four times a month for three months. I guess the best thing to do would be to share a card with someone if you want that prize. I wonder if, given their recent history, you could find 20 people who would come to your party.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Well, that's true, but you'd have to eat there four times a month for three months. I guess the best thing to do would be to share a card with someone if you want that prize. I wonder if, given their recent history, you could find 20 people who would come to your party.
The location near me (and a major university) is almost always packed. I didn't stop going because of the scare, and from what I could tell of the crowds there, not many others did either. 15 - 20 minute long lines are not uncommon, and I give up if looks like it will be over 30 minutes.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:58 pm

It requires eating there twelve times/month for three months. Only one purchase/day counts, so you would need to coordinate if you shared.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well, that's true, but you'd have to eat there four times a month for three months.
Not four ... 11 times per month for three months.

I like Chipotle, and the e.coli thing never scared me away, but there is no way I'd eat there 11 times in one month. Mrs. Swede and I usually get it 2-3 times per month.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by pseudoswede

I like Chipotle, and the e.coli thing never scared me away, but there is no way I'd eat there 11 times in one month. Mrs. Swede and I usually get it 2-3 times per month.
Yes, the might be a bit much.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by pseudoswede

Yes, the might be a bit much.
Last night I saw a sorority had set up 3 cards with a calendar and different colored markers to indicate when someone used each card. They plan to maxout at least one of the cards and have a party, when someone redeems an entre they're supposed to put $5 in a box for party drinks.

29 free burritos for paying for 25 others is a pretty good discount, though the terms are unfriendly.
Your digital or physical Chiptopia card, the associated Chiptopia account and any accumulated Rewards are personal to you and may not be sold, transferred or assigned to, or shared with, family, friends or others, or used by you for any commercial purpose. You may have only one Chiptopia account.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.