Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Food Chain You Absolutely Detest

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2006, 5:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Chick-Fil-A locations

Here in SoCal, I know they have one in the Del Amo Mall in Torrance, one in the South Bay galleria, and one in Cerritos Mall, all in their food courts if I remember correctly.

I don't recall where the freestanding ones are, but I think there's a few scattered around in the Inland Empire and behind the Orange Curtain.

I remembered going by the restaurant and snacking on the free samples as a kid. Yum. I've had better service in the freestanding units compared to the "inside the mall" locations. Must be the lack of sunshine?
Old Mar 18, 2006, 8:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Cracker Barrel. Arg, I was forced to go there once, I almost walked out.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
They have fast food Cracker Barrels now?
Old Mar 18, 2006, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
They have fast food Cracker Barrels now?

Youre right. I got carried away because I hated them so much. I guess they really arent fast food.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 11:28 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by sangster
The only fast food I will eat is Chick-Fil-A. Other fast food chains makes me sick to the stomach and unfortunately Chick-Fil-A is not on the west coast of the USA yet. Whenever I visit my brother at SFO he asks me to bring him Chick-Fil-A... even if its cold it is still delicious! And the advertising is great too. ^
There are currently 13 Chick-fil-A restaurants in Southern California.

Go to the Internet web site of Chick-fil-A for more information.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 1:56 pm

Programs: VX elevate ,CO Gold,DL GM
Originally Posted by uncertaintraveler
Huh?

Chick-fil-A hires all sorts of people. The stores are simply closed on Sundays because the owner believes everyone should get a day of rest and be able to spend it however they please--whether it is with their family, their church, their friends, or whatever. I think its a pretty refreshing way of doing business, although I personally wish they were open on Sunday just so I could eat there more often.

And speaking of Chick-fil-A, I have to say that their lemonade is very tasty!
i fully agree and i believe they do run their business at a higher standard for better quality
as i know it you have to work x amount of time there before they will allow you to buy into the fanchise
Old Mar 19, 2006, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by lance6

I don't recall where the freestanding ones are, but I think there's a few scattered around in the Inland Empire and behind the Orange Curtain.
There's one in the Irvine/Tustin Marketplace on Jamborree. It takes me 2 minutes to get out there

Chick-fil-A sandwich plain (add light mayo afterwards, maybe some polynesian sauce), and a chicken salad sandwich ^

Oh... and I LOVE Cracker Barrel (at least for breakfast)
Old Mar 20, 2006, 7:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum,
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak

I do not think that Cracker Barrel is a fast food chain but yes there are plenty of them... which makes it a chain restaurant. And the one time I was forced to go there it was terrible... the atmosphere was crowded, loud, and all I could smell was fried food. And ironically all I wanted was fried chicken since I figured that was probably the best type of food there and it was not on the menu! I was very surprised but definately very disappointed with the restaurant.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 7:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum,
Originally Posted by Canarsie
There are currently 13 Chick-fil-A restaurants in Southern California.

Go to the Internet web site of Chick-fil-A for more information.
Nice! I'm sure my brother hopes the Chick-fil-A's finally spread up to San Francisco soon! And yes I agree to another reply that the diet lemonade at
Chick-Fil-A is delicious... mmm mmm mmm
Old Mar 29, 2006, 5:06 pm

Thats easy................... ALL OF THEM

I haven't ate at one in the past 20+ years, and I have been so much healthier.

Here's are a fact about McDonalds: it's healthier to eat a BigMac then a salad with everything on it!
Old Mar 29, 2006, 6:48 pm

I have to agree with deltajfk. all of them pretty much suck, if I'm on the road I'll patronize In-In-Out, otherwise I try to avoid them at all costs.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 6:52 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gabatta
Pretty much all of them. In-n-Out burger is the only "fast food" I really eat. However I detest low end chain resturants such as Olive Garden and Chilis even more. I would take McDs over any of these any day.

I so agree. Call it what it is and don't put inedible parsley on the plate in an attempt to make it "haute." I have much contempt for the likes of Olive Garden and Chilis.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 6:56 pm

Programs: AS, IHG
McDonald's is hands down the absolute worst! I can't stand to smell the car after the family has hit that grease pit's drive through. Buhhhhh!

What I DO like... Sonic and Popeye's! Yum!

A
Old Mar 29, 2006, 7:14 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
Absolute Worst: Jack in the Crack

Bad: K F C what's barfin'

also bad: Pizza Hut (used to be good, but I think now they are using what remains of Pizza the Hut)

Sbarro and Dominoes attempt to make horrible pizza like Pizza Hut, but every now and then they mess up and produce something edible

Wendy's, Burger King (and Waffle House if you want to count that, sort of a cross between fine dining and fast food) are hit-and-miss; delicious if they make it right, awful if they don't

I think McDonald's is pretty good. I swore them off several years ago after some poor service and bad food, but I caved on the road one time, and since then I haven't run into any bad McDonald's.

I like Arby's but I've only eaten roast beef sandwiches and curly fries.

The best is In 'N Out, and Hardees. Why do people knock Hardees? It tastes like a real burger and not the fast food smashed-down version "McMeat" type.

I agree with the comment on Church's Chicken. The only time I ate there was because I was in some nasty neighborhood in Queens in the middle of the night and it was either eat there or go hungry. I should have gone hungry.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 7:27 pm

Programs: 1K
I don't get all the 'buzz' about In-n-Out. Personally, I think they're highly over-rated. I guess I don't detest them, but I'd go miles out of my way to go somewhere else.

What I really detest is Krispy Kreme. Unlike Tim Horton's where you can easily eat half and then walk away I think KK does something to the doughnuts so that you can't eat just one bite (or even just one doughnut, for that matter). I think they're evil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.