Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Would you recommend Emeril's in New Orleans?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Would you recommend Emeril's in New Orleans?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2005, 12:52 pm

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
different opinions

Well, since I only saw good comments here, please check out this thread for some not-so-good comments about Emeril's:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...1&page=1&pp=15
cheers
A.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by andre1970
Well, since I only saw good comments here, please check out this thread for some not-so-good comments about Emeril's:
Emeril's is one of those places that people love to hate (myself included). It was exciting when it first opened, and we would all clammer to go there as often as possible, but over time the excitement wore off and the over-the-top food and over-the-top self promotion started to wear thin. (For me, the biggest turn off always has been the "we're doing you a favor by letting you eat here" attitude of those that work the maitre d' stand. New Orleans in general is not a place with attitude. And to be fair, I never thought that attitude extended beyond the maitre d's.)

I think it can still be a fun and good place to go for people who have never been. But there certainly are far better places to go in New Orleans.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 2:58 pm

Programs: Centurion
Originally Posted by andre1970
cheers
A.
The only not so good comments on that thread about an Emeril's restaurant in New Orleans was one comment about NOLA, and I respectively disagree with that one. I have never had a bad meal at NOLA nor an unenjoyable experience, and they have an outstanding wine list, which is important to my overall dining experience. All the others were about his newer restaurants outside of New Orleans.

Blumie, I apologize. I briefly scanned your post and mistakenly assumed you meant that the only good restaurants in New Orleans were outside of the French Quarter. What threw me in the quick scan was that you recommended Dick & Jennie's and Jacques Imo's Cafe, which are both outside the French Quarter. I agree with you about atmosphere being an important part of New Orleans cuisine. So to me, for the first time visitor, you should do the touristy thing and make your first, great New Orleans meal somewhere in the French Quarter.

For what it's worth, my wife and I were invited to the Iron Chef Italian dinner at Stella! and it was nothing short of outstanding. As I said before, this has become our favorite restaurant in New Orleans. It is quintessential old world French Quarter in atmosphere - far away from the madding crowd, so to speak, and close to Soniat House and Hotel Provincial. If you want to experience Old World New Orleans at its finest, stay at room 64 in the Soniat House and then walk just down the street and eat at Stella!.

Last edited by pterostyrax; Mar 30, 2005 at 3:00 pm
Old Apr 4, 2005, 9:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
I have eaten at both Emeril's and NOLA's, both of which are owned by Emeril. If I had to choose between the two, I would choose NOLA for the following reasons:

Lower prices

trendier ambience than Emeril

more attentive hosts and hostesses

Finally, I would recommend Mrs. May's stuffed chicken wings. Some of the best chicken wings you will ever eat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.