The Hard Rock Cafe thread...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Hard Rock Cafe thread...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2011, 4:59 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold
First time ever in HRC last year and went to the one in Patong Beach Phuket. Have to say, while the decor was pretty cool, the food was shite, the prices were ridiculous and the service was crap (which is saying something for Thailand) - dont think I'll be returning to another anytime soon.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by Lounge Expert
First time ever in HRC last year and went to the one in Patong Beach Phuket. Have to say, while the decor was pretty cool, the food was shite, the prices were ridiculous and the service was crap (which is saying something for Thailand) - dont think I'll be returning to another anytime soon.
That sounds like the Pattaya location, as well.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 6:38 am
Suspended

I only went to HRC to get their t-shirt. I collects them. I ate once, their food is mediocre and overpriced.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold
I ate at the Hard Rock Cafe in Singapore. Not bad. Got my dad a shirt there.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:28 pm

I work in downtown St. Louis so I went to the STL HRC for the first time awhile back. A burger, fries and drink cost over 15 bucks, and it wasn't even that good. I can't imagine how much the prices are in the touristy cities.

Yeah, the decor is cool, but I don't think there's a big difference between eating at an HRC or McDonalds overseas. I'd rather have something local.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 2:33 am

The new Hard Rock Cafe in Hong Kong just opened in LKF a few days ago.

LG/F LKF Tower
55 D'Aguilar Street
Lan Kwai Fong
Central Hong Kong
Old Jun 12, 2011, 4:02 am

Programs: UA/Hawaiian/Marriott
Bump this to say the HRC in Honolulu closed its old location and opened up a new one back in November......and it's an amazing place.

They have a "Guitar Wave" going up the staircase and into the main bar, video/audio controled by iPad bearing waitress that wanders around and asks for your selctions, and a huge "wave" over the back of the bar that lights up water blue....

Great food, great atomsphere, live local bands playing on the weekends, early and late happy hours, and its now in the heart of Waikiki.... Corner of Kalakaua and Beachwalk......

http://www.hardrock.com/locations/ca...72&MIBEnumID=3
Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:49 pm

We went to the old HRC in Honolulu years ago, so we'll have to try it at the new location. We don't generally eat there, just pick up t-shirts, as we find the food is really expensive for what it is. Embarassed to admit we ate at the one in Paris, of all places. (why, oh why?)
Old Jun 13, 2011, 3:43 am

Programs: UA/Hawaiian/Marriott
Originally Posted by Amicus
We went to the old HRC in Honolulu years ago, so we'll have to try it at the new location. We don't generally eat there, just pick up t-shirts, as we find the food is really expensive for what it is. Embarassed to admit we ate at the one in Paris, of all places. (why, oh why?)
If you are on Kalakaua Ave heading towards the "heart" of Waikiki....its off on the right hand side of the road.....Off Seaside. Can't miss it. You can see it from Kalakaua Ave.......

Park at the Bank of Hawaii across the street and they will validate for you......or, if you can, park at Fort DeRussy and walk over. Thats what I do.....
Old Jul 5, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: Alaska & Hyatt
My List

USA
Miami
Orlando
Las Vegas
Hollywood
Seattle
Maui

The World
Sydney
Surfers Paradise
Cabo
Tijuana
Fiji
Barcelona

Last edited by dakid23; Sep 6, 2014 at 3:16 pm
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
In the last four months, I have been to two HRC locations that literally closed within a week of me trying to visit: Rio and Minneapolis. Rio I understand because it was in an oddball location. Minneapolis was right across the street from the main events center downtown.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver
The London HRC serves the best black and blue burger I've ever eaten.

I believe the Amsterdam place is closed...or has it simply moved from Leidseplein??

Anyway in Amsterdam the best burgers are at the Irish pub behind Dam Square.

The Bangkok location is good for a few drinks at the bar during happy hour...nothing special.

I guess that's it for me....oh where is the Edinburgh one located please?
Old Dec 3, 2011, 12:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Senator, FB Gold, HHonors Silver, A-Club Platinum
Let's see, I, or actually we (me, wife and couple years now, our daughter) have been to;

Americas:
San Francisco
New York
Chicago
Niagara Falls
Orlando
Miami
Key West
Cancun
Ocho Rios
Georgetown (in Grand Cayman)

Europe:
London
Amsterdam
Copenhagen
Stockholm
Berlin
Paris
Barcelona
Lisbon
Rome

Middle East:
Hurghada in Egypt
Dubai

Asia:
Bangkok
Pattaya
Hong Kong

And I think we might have been to couple other one in Europe, but can't remember any more...

-A
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Not that I planned it that way but am hitting 3 HRC during a January W. Carib cruise: Tampa, where cruise starts, Key West and Costa Maya, Mexico. That should add to the 50+ I've been to so far.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by Dope Man
The new Hard Rock Cafe in Hong Kong just opened in LKF a few days ago.

LG/F LKF Tower
55 D'Aguilar Street
Lan Kwai Fong
Central Hong Kong
So is Kowloon closed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.