Search

Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:06 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by DetailsIM
epic. We did the reserve wine pairing. Will post review when back home. But wow.

The staff makes it. Super down to earth. Great personalities. Not stuffy at all.
^^^

Fabulous. Exactly as I remember it. Makes me crave to return yet again.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by phant0m
Got a table at Boka tomorrow night after they had a cancellation. Excited for that whole duck!
Enjoy! Please let us know how your duck turned out
Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:53 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
We are going to spending a few days in Rome in June and have started looking at some restaurant options.

We've been to Rome many times but are always eager to check out some new (at least to us) options for higher end dining. I cruised through the last year or so of this thread looking for options and have a couple of candidates (Il Pagliaccio and Pierluigi seem to get a few mentions). But did anyone want to call out a particularly great option based on recent experience?

Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
La Pergola - haven't been for a few years but I keep dreaming about it and would almost go back to Rome just to eat there!
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:33 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
We are going to spending a few days in Rome in June and have started looking at some restaurant options.

We've been to Rome many times but are always eager to check out some new (at least to us) options for higher end dining. I cruised through the last year or so of this thread looking for options and have a couple of candidates (Il Pagliaccio and Pierluigi seem to get a few mentions). But did anyone want to call out a particularly great option based on recent experience?

Thanks!
I can’t comment on La Pergola; they have a strict jacket requirement that precluded my interest.

But our dinner at IL Pagliaccio was superb...and surprisingly fun. We actually met a couple across from us who also were a bit more gregarious than the average fine diners! They ended up joining us for the dessert and drinks after dinner and actually spent most of the next day with us. We’re still in touch.

And La Terrazza at the Eden was really good too...though that does seem a little inconsistent based on other reviews. But we really liked it.

Last edited by bhrubin; Apr 19, 2019 at 2:30 pm
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
La Pergola - haven't been for a few years but I keep dreaming about it and would almost go back to Rome just to eat there!
La Pergola was a tale of two diners for us.

Ms. Boh had amazing food and matching service. I had very good food and less than acceptable service. It was really quite odd and we commented to management about it at the time. But they must be doing something right to hold onto those stars.

But thanks for the suggestion!
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin

I can’t comment on La Pergola; they have a strict jacket requirement that precluded my interest.

But our dinner at IL Pagliaccio was superb...and surprisingly fun. We actually met a couple across from us who also were a bit more gregarious than the average fine diners! They ended up joining us for the dessert and drinks after dinner and actually spent most of the next day with us. We’re still in touch.

And La Terrazza at the Eden was really good too...though that does seem a little inconsistent based on other reviews. But we really liked it.
Thanks for reinforcing the positive vote for Il Pagliaccio. I noticed it showed on one of the OAD lists as well.

La Terrazza was not on my radar and I will investigate. It's just a 15 minute walk from where we are staying.

Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:58 pm
Suspended

Thanks for reinforcing the positive vote for Il Pagliaccio. I noticed it showed on one of the OAD lists as well.

La Terrazza was not on my radar and I will investigate. It's just a 15 minute walk from where we are staying.

Thanks!
We also walked from the St Regis to the Eden/La Terrazza. I actually had worn a very nice but short sleeved collared shirt but was turned away as being too casual, so I had to run back to the StR and then taxi'd to the Eden in the new long sleeved shirt. (I'm always too hot, so I try my best.) And still we loved our dinner. (They also bought us a round as an apology for the misunderstanding and as a thanks for being so gracious; I was pretty impressed by that, since I knew I was pushing it a bit with the short sleeved shirt.) Funny how I remember it so clearly partly because of that mishap!
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by United747
I had lunch at Jean-Georges a few weeks ago. I thought the service improved quite a bit since my last visit (summer 2018), but I was not nearly as impressed with the food.

I started with the pea soup which didn’t seem to have as much of a pop of flavor that it previously did. My second course was white asparagus with a lemon champagne sauce. The sauce was super sour and completely overwhelmed the dish. Lastly, I had the sweet and sour sweetbreads. This was by far the standout dish, very well executed.

Overall pretty disappointed with the food. Will probably look for another go-to weekend lunch spot for my NYC trips.
GT does a great lunch, but I’m sure you already knew that If you are looking for something in the neighborhood, Marea (if it’s open for weekend lunch) does a very good - and affordable - lunch as well.

Separate question - does anyone have suggestions on SF-starred spots that do a la carte dining? My wife and I are stopping by on our way to Hawaii next month, but we would prefer to do something that is a) not terribly exotic, and b) that has options other than a fixed tasting menu. We will book a spot for bites at Bar Crenn our first night in town, but depending on our availability on the other nights, it’d be great to see what else there is. I’d also be open to hearing if there are good spots in SF proper for a weekday lunch as well. Thanks in advance for any tips / recs
Old Apr 19, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37

GT does a great lunch, but I’m sure you already knew that If you are looking for something in the neighborhood, Marea (if it’s open for weekend lunch) does a very good - and affordable - lunch as well.

Separate question - does anyone have suggestions on SF-starred spots that do a la carte dining? My wife and I are stopping by on our way to Hawaii next month, but we would prefer to do something that is a) not terribly exotic, and b) that has options other than a fixed tasting menu. We will book a spot for bites at Bar Crenn our first night in town, but depending on our availability on the other nights, it’d be great to see what else there is. I’d also be open to hearing if there are good spots in SF proper for a weekday lunch as well. Thanks in advance for any tips / recs
Not Michelin starred (think it had 1 then lost it) La Folie, which has been amazing for many years. They don't have a la carte but a 4 course menu for $150 - but you get to choose the courses from 3 or 4 in each category (soup, fish, meat, dessert) - you don't have to chose 1 from each you could have 2 fish and 2 meat if u wish (at least when I was last there), There are other menus as well -vegetarian, chef's as well. Not open for lunch
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:44 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I forgot about Marea, thanks! Union Square Cafe and GT are my two faves!
Old Apr 19, 2019, 11:28 pm
Suspended

I highly recommend both Mourad (Moroccan) and In Situ (recreated famous dishes from around the world) for a la carte dining—and they’re both right around the block from each other and basically next to the St Regis. They’re two of my staples in SF.

Most 1* restaurants will offer a la carte dining IME.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 11:31 pm

Just got back to the hotel from Boka. Great food. Much more of a low key Michelin restaurant. The duck was amazing.

So this morning Alinea sent an email saying they had an opening for their gallery tomorrow but it was for a table of 4 and we're only two. Tried contacting them, having concierge call, and amex call to see if they can do it for 2 but they wouldn't do it. Then the table sold. *cry*
Hilde likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some

Thanks!
Was in Rome recently and had 4 meals. Here the short version:

La Terrazza: Solid but not great in my eyes. Would only be my choice if staying at the Eden
La Pergola: Great! Fabulous dinner, must visit in my eyes.
Imago: Had low expectations but had a very good dinner. 2 star level in my eyes.
Moma: Got a star recently. Considering value it's the place to be with 69 € for a Tasting. Good 1 star level, would visit again.
Originally Posted by bhrubin
We also walked from the St Regis to the Eden/La Terrazza. I actually had worn a very nice but short sleeved collared shirt but was turned away as being too casual, so I had to run back to the StR and then taxi'd to the Eden in the new long sleeved shirt. (I'm always too hot, so I try my best.) And still we loved our dinner. (They also bought us a round as an apology for the misunderstanding and as a thanks for being so gracious; I was pretty impressed by that, since I knew I was pushing it a bit with the short sleeved shirt.) Funny how I remember it so clearly partly because of that mishap!
Wow, was never turned away....

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 24, 2019 at 7:31 pm Reason: merge
Old Apr 20, 2019, 4:08 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by offerendum

Was in Rome recently and had 4 meals. Here the short version:

<snip>

Moma: Got a star recently. Considering value it's the place to be with 69 € for a Tasting. Good 1 star level, would visit again.
We had an excellent meal there in 2014 before they lost their Michelin star. I'm glad to read that they got it back.
offerendum likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.