Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC

I ate at Marchal (1 star) for lunch when we passed through Copenhagen last week. Unfortunately the cocktail bar wasn’t open at noon yet, but I enjoyed the food on balance - very seasonal and quite delicious. It’s right next to the lobby in the Hotel D’Angleterre - very central location for day visitors such as ourselves. Dishes are below...halibut ceviche with radishes; grilled perch with potato veloute; and strawberries with balsamic ice cream and elderflower syrup, respectively:

Last edited by PsiFighter37; Jun 5, 2018 at 5:39 pm
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Looks nice!

Whatever bowl is used for the dessert, I keep seeing everywhere at starred restaurants. Most recently I've seen it at Gordon Ramsay in NYC and Le Bernardin in NYC.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
Looks nice!

Whatever bowl is used for the dessert, I keep seeing everywhere at starred restaurants. Most recently I've seen it at Gordon Ramsay in NYC and Le Bernardin in NYC.
This china is very elegant. Statholdergaarden in Oslo (1 *) invested in a complete set of this china last year, and it looks very refined and highlights the food well. The waiter told me the name and brand at the time, but I was too deep into the wine pairing with the tasting menu to remember right now

Can of course highly recommend a visit to Statholdergaarden if you should happen to visit Oslo
CappuccinoAddict likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:08 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Joël Robuchon and L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon are closing in Singapore according to the Straits Times.

Last meal will be June 30. Article goes on to say that L’Atelier may reopen on Orchard Road.

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifesty...se-by-end-june

Last edited by United747; Jun 6, 2018 at 10:44 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:42 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Hilde

This china is very elegant. Statholdergaarden in Oslo (1 *) invested in a complete set of this china last year, and it looks very refined and highlights the food well. The waiter told me the name and brand at the time, but I was too deep into the wine pairing with the tasting menu to remember right now
Since several folks have asked, the china is Ecume by Bernardaud.

You can find it here. Le Bernardin uses them too.
exerda, CappuccinoAddict and Hilde like this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:26 pm

Can of course highly recommend a visit to Statholdergaarden if you should happen to visit Oslo
Wow that's great to know! I actually will be in Oslo this time next month I'm on the waitlist to eat at Maeemo for lunch or dinner so I've been hesitant to make other bookings since I want to be available if a spot opens up. I suppose I could always cancel another booking but I always feel bad doing that last-minute. But I'll take a look at Statholdergaarden and consider it.
Hilde likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 12:13 am

Wow that's great to know! I actually will be in Oslo this time next month I'm on the waitlist to eat at Maeemo for lunch or dinner so I've been hesitant to make other bookings since I want to be available if a spot opens up. I suppose I could always cancel another booking but I always feel bad doing that last-minute. But I'll take a look at Statholdergaarden and consider it.
Fingers crossed you manage to grab a spot at Maaemo! A quick look at their website just now shows openings for lunch July Friday 13th, if your stay in Oslo goes beyond that date.
Maaemo is only open Wednesdays through Saturdays, while Statholdergaarden is open Mondays through Saturdays.

Galt was awarded their first Michelin star this year, and has also received good reviews Haven't dined there myself, though.
Restaurant Kontrast is also a great spot, I particularily liked the wine pairings. I remember I did find the chairs a bit uncomfortable.

Good luck
CappuccinoAddict likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 6:05 am

Fingers crossed you manage to grab a spot at Maaemo! A quick look at their website just now shows openings for lunch July Friday 13th, if your stay in Oslo goes beyond that date.
Maaemo is only open Wednesdays through Saturdays, while Statholdergaarden is open Mondays through Saturdays.

Galt was awarded their first Michelin star this year, and has also received good reviews Haven't dined there myself, though.
Restaurant Kontrast is also a great spot, I particularily liked the wine pairings. I remember I did find the chairs a bit uncomfortable.

Good luck
Thank you for the info! I'll be there July 4-7, so sadly I can't avail myself of the opening on the 13th. But I'll keep my fingers crossed and will investigate Galt and Kontrast as well

Forgot to mention I went to Cafe China (NYC 1*) a few weeks ago. My Szichuan-style pork belly was delicious!
Hilde likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 8:33 am

Thank you for the info! I'll be there July 4-7, so sadly I can't avail myself of the opening on the 13th. But I'll keep my fingers crossed and will investigate Galt and Kontrast as well

Forgot to mention I went to Cafe China (NYC 1*) a few weeks ago. My Szichuan-style pork belly was delicious!
Please keep us posted, then

(question: is this thread for Michelin experiences while travelling only, or are reviews from your home town allowed too?)
Old Jun 9, 2018, 8:36 am

Please keep us posted, then

(question: is this thread for Michelin experiences while travelling only, or are reviews from your home town allowed too?)
I’ve reviewed a few in Chicago (Tru and Acadia) I just happen to eat out a lot more when traveling. And many of the Chicago ones don’t interest me.

I live in Chicago if that’s not clear!
CappuccinoAddict and Hilde like this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by United747

I’ve reviewed a few in Chicago (Tru and Acadia) I just happen to eat out a lot more when traveling. And many of the Chicago ones don’t interest me.

I live in Chicago if that’s not clear!
I’m a regular Chicago visitor (my sister lives there), and will visit Acadia for the second time July 7th First time was amazing
Old Jun 9, 2018, 8:46 am

I’m a regular Chicago visitor (my sister lives there), and will visit Acadia for the second time July 7th First time was amazing
I’m curious to hear how it is. I went about a year ago and similarly thought it was excellent. Hopefully things haven’t changed.
Hilde likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by United747

I’m curious to hear how it is. I went about a year ago and similarly thought it was excellent. Hopefully things haven’t changed.
I’ll report back
We have also secured reservations at Sepia - looking forward to that as well!
If time allows it, we will try and go back to Mexique as well, a terrific Mexican-French starred restaurant
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:46 pm

I’ll report back
We have also secured reservations at Sepia - looking forward to that as well!
If time allows it, we will try and go back to Mexique as well, a terrific Mexican-French starred restaurant
I am very sorry to say that Mexique closed last month Sad, I'd been wanting to try it. But I do love Topolobampo so I'd recommend checking that out if you haven't!

I'd love any reports on Oriole or Smyth if anyone here goes or has gone!
Old Jun 10, 2018, 6:10 pm

I am very sorry to say that Mexique closed last month Sad, I'd been wanting to try it. But I do love Topolobampo so I'd recommend checking that out if you haven't!

I'd love any reports on Oriole or Smyth if anyone here goes or has gone!
Oriole is on my list. Maybe August or September for me to go.

I forgot to add that I had brunch recently at Blue Duck Tavern in DC (one star). Very good as usual - nice service with really good comfort food. The maitre’d was pretty indifferent though, he looked at me a couple times while I was waiting for someone to greet me at the reception area and finally relented after a few minutes of me standing there.

Last edited by United747; Jun 10, 2018 at 6:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.