What's for dinner?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's for dinner?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Tonight's dinner will be baked steelhead trout topped with a bit of garlic aioli, steamed brown rice and a side of sauteed broccolini. I think I have a Pouilly-Fuissé or two in the garage that would be a nice accompaniment.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kipper
Mmm, sounds amazing.

I am going to try it sometime.
Or you could do what I do...order it from pizza place.

Tonight it is butter lettuce with citrus dressing, salmon in parchment (haven't decided on seasonings yet), roasted sweet potato, butternut squash and onion.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by corky

Tonight it is butter lettuce with citrus dressing, salmon in parchment (haven't decided on seasonings yet), roasted sweet potato, butternut squash and onion.
It's Ash Wednesday. Your dinner would be compliant. We will be having a green salad with chunks of cheese, kalamata olives and hard boiled eggs.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BamaVol
It's Ash Wednesday. Your dinner would be compliant. We will be having a green salad with chunks of cheese, kalamata olives and hard boiled eggs.
That was my fat tuesday dinner...it didn't live up to the fat tuesday name. I should have ordered another pastrami pizza and chased it with a donut.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Salmon steaks and eggs.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
A tray o'food from Costco: either "Harry's Beef Stroganoff with Noodles" or "Rana's Tagliatelle Grilled Chicken and Picatta Sauce".

Maybe both if the kiddos can't agree...
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
leftover salmon steak and melted cheese
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Ham and cheese on a baguette from Costco. We'll take the rest of that baguette and the other baguette and make garlic crostini this weekend.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Tonight invited to a Paella Party at a friend's home. His wife is born in Spain, so this is a parade dish for her, much to our liking the three other times we've been treated with it. Lots of shrimps and other seafood, succulent chicken bits, and a generous use of saffron for taste and aroma. Freshly baked bread and plentiful of mature Gran Reservas from Rioja. Mmmmm, Rioja !
Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stopped at a local fish market on the way home last night. You never know what you’ll find, especially late in the day. I ended up with about a pound of amberjack. For those unfamiliar, it is similar in texture and flavor to Mahi-Mahi. I blackened it and served with a salad and baked potatoes. Accompanied by a local pale ale, Proof 850.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn’t get lunch until 3:45 yesterday so wasn’t hungry for dinner until late. We were listening to good local music and drinking adult beverages until 8:30. The nearby taco truck had just stopped serving so we walked a couple blocks to the marina where we each had a grilled mahi sandwich with fries.

Big breakfast this morning as I prepare for a 5 hour round trip drive to visit my mother. Sliced bananas, English muffin, 2 fried eggs, spicy breakfast sausage and has browns with OJ and lots of black coffee.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
BF today soft poached eggs with fried back bacon and black bean salsa, dark rye bread & Gruyère cheese, mango low-fat youghurt & granola, Darjeeling tea and cranberry juice.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Creamed chicken (used a roast chicken from Costco), mashed potatoes and biscuits.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had meat lasagna and pizza. *burp*
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I love this time of year when everyone has corned beefs on sale. I bought and cooked one yesterday so last night and tonight dinner has been a big corned beef sandwich with spicy mustard and pickles piled high on yummy extra sour Jewish rye.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.