Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking? - 2022 onwards

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking? - 2022 onwards

Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by kipper
I never was impressed with their products.
I figured you would know.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 6:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by BamaVol
I figured you would know.
Always happy to share my knowledge.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Oakville grocery, oakville CA (napa county)

Mad fritz (st Helena) - its good!! Its also $13, a bit more than I usually pay for beer.

Old Jul 28, 2022, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by gaobest

Mad fritz (st Helena) - it’s good!! It’s also $13, a bit more than I usually pay for beer.
If I'm paying that much for a pint of beer, it better be a barrel-aged stout or something incredibly exclusive.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If I'm paying that much for a pint of beer, it better be a barrel-aged stout or something incredibly exclusive.
its definitely yummy. And strong lol
Old Jul 28, 2022, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gaobest

Mad fritz (st Helena) - its good!! Its also $13, a bit more than I usually pay for beer.

Maybe it was BOGO and you left too soon.
corky likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Flying Dog "The Truth" Imperial IPA (8.7%)

-J.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

gotts roadside, st Helena (Napa) CA

draft Pliny the elder

Maybe it was BOGO and you left too soon.
lol
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Lost Farmer Brewing Co. "Fair Trade" DIPA. There is a picture of a pear and and a peach on the label, but I didn't think it would be this sweet (though somehow it is 10% ). I purchased it at the new craft beer store and smoke shop in my neighborhood, which has a small bit decent selection.

UPDATE: finished 2/3 and tossed the rest. Really wasn't enjoying it, too sweet.

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Jul 31, 2022 at 9:17 am
Old Jul 31, 2022, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Lost Farmer Brewing Co. "Fair Trade" DIPA. There is a picture of a pear and and a peach on the label, but I didn't think it would be this sweet (though somehow it is 10% ). I purchased it at the new craft beer store and smoke shop in my neighborhood, which has a small bit decent selection.

UPDATE: finished 2/3 and tossed the rest. Really wasn't enjoying it, too sweet.

-J.
I cant picture a properly made pale ale that would be too sweet to drink. Lost farmer, indeed.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:35 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Just got back from a trip to Vermont with several coolers full of Foam, Hill Farmstead, Alchemist, BBCO, Freak Folk, etc. Thinking of starting with the Hill Farmstead Double Nelson; I love their single-hop stuff, even if Nelson Sauvin isn't my hop of choice.

I cant picture a properly made pale ale that would be too sweet to drink. Lost farmer, indeed.
I suppose you don't consider milkshake IPAs to be properly made. Sounds like you need something from Decadent Ales.

Actually, a good chunk of properly-made triple IPAs are pushing it in terms of sweetness for me, though it's nice to have a boozy, hazy, hoppy bomb once in a while.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by exerda
Just got back from a trip to Vermont with several coolers full of Foam, Hill Farmstead, Alchemist, BBCO, Freak Folk, etc. Thinking of starting with the Hill Farmstead Double Nelson; I love their single-hop stuff, even if Nelson Sauvin isn't my hop of choice.

I suppose you don't consider milkshake IPAs to be properly made. Sounds like you need something from Decadent Ales.

Actually, a good chunk of properly-made triple IPAs are pushing it in terms of sweetness for me, though it's nice to have a boozy, hazy, hoppy bomb once in a while.
LOL, I have issues with a lot of milkshake IPAs. A semi-local brewery has a toasted coconut one called, "Unladen Swallow." I want to try it, because of the name, but I cringe at the idea of a toasted coconut milkshake IPA. A nice stout or porter, sure.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by exerda

Im lactose intolerant.. Im not going anywhere near a milkshake IPA. Im not sure Id enjoy it even if I could drink one without getting sick.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:53 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
LOL, I have issues with a lot of milkshake IPAs. A semi-local brewery has a toasted coconut one called, "Unladen Swallow." I want to try it, because of the name, but I cringe at the idea of a toasted coconut milkshake IPA. A nice stout or porter, sure.
I will have one at a bottle share where I can pour a tiny sip and not feel bad about wasting the rest. I'd never order a pint or buy a 4 pack of a milkshake IPA unless I knew I had recipients for at least 3 of the cans lined up.

I have had some tasty ones, but that's just too much sugar to drink on my own.

Im lactose intolerant.. Im not going anywhere near a milkshake IPA. Im not sure Id enjoy it even if I could drink one without getting sick.
It seemed a lot of breweries moved away from lactose IPAs (and lactose-laden fruited sours) a couple of years back, most in favor of other additives... but I've seen them making a comeback. I was at a brewery Friday where someone ordered a "strawberry milkshake IPA," and then when it came out, said, "Wait, I thought it was going to be an actual milkshake... not a beer?" (Some folks I know would have immediately piped up with, "That's not a beer, buddy, no matter what they tell you.")
BamaVol likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I leave for AVL a on Saturday. We will be there a month. Last year we visited a dozen breweries and I liked all but two. In addition to revisiting favorites, we will be seeking out new places to visit. Plus online I found a pub that serves deep fried deviled eggs. I must try them.
exerda and GW McLintock like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.