Search

Today .... I (we) have been eating .... 2022 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2022, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
nice, appreciate your reply, @gaobest!

now, to find a recommendation for carne asada fries in SD.
lol funny you should mention carne asada fries as Tato (where I went on Friday) offers them.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 2:32 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
now, to find a recommendation for carne asada fries in SD.
Not sure where in SD you're going, but have had a great meal at Mi Familia and they claim carne asada fries as a specialty.

[My bad. Wrong state]

Last edited by cblaisd; Apr 2, 2022 at 2:52 pm
Old Apr 2, 2022, 2:37 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Wink

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Not sure where in SD you're going, but have had a great meal at Mi Familia and they claim carne asada fries as a specialty.

Appreciate your reply, @cblaisd! Though, that map of Sioux City may not help out too much ...
Old Apr 2, 2022, 2:38 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Appreciate your reply, @cblaisd! Though, that map of Sioux City may not help out too much ...
You didn't say where in SD. Decent Mexican food there is sparse.

Moderator's note: In general, please ask for specific destination restaurant recommendations in the appropriate destination forum
Old Apr 2, 2022, 2:46 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cblaisd
You didn't say where in SD. Decent Mexican food there is sparse.

Moderator's note: In general, please ask for specific destination restaurant recommendations in the appropriate destination forum
Oh, anywhere in SD would be apropos. (but did you notice that you added a map of Sioux City?)

Anyway, so as to not derail this thread, I will PM you when I need a more specific recommendation.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 2:50 pm

I posted the map because it's one o the few places in South Dakota with carne asada fies and you hadn't said where in the state. [EDIT: My bad; wrong state map]

Mod hat on: Do please ask for any specific location recommendations in the appropriate destination forum, not via PM. Thanks.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Steamed okra with soy sauce. Another Dollar Tree find, but this was not as good as the others, though it wasn't as slimy as the supermarket's house brand. Will have to stick with Green Giant or other "real" brands for okra I suppose.

I thought about getting shrimp bisque at a local restaurant that has it on special, but I don't really want to spend $12 on a bowl of soup.

-J.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Roasted turkey breast

Miso soup

-J.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Big salad with beets
leftover shrimp

afternoon:
Belgian boys chocolate biscuit (my friend got it at Costco)

GW McLintock likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oatmeal, over-easy egg, jalapeńos

-J.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lunch: miso soup, slice of Sicilian-style pizza

Dinner: roast turkey breast, steamed string beans

Evening snack: tuna fish

-J.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was trying to come up with a way to doctor up a banana and I discovered that caramel apple dip spread on the banana was really good.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by corky
I was trying to come up with a way to doctor up a banana and I discovered that caramel apple dip spread on the banana was really good.
Depends on how much effort you want to put into it and how much time. I like to make it into fritters (goreng pisang) when I'm not being lazy and then drizzling some honey/maple syrup/maltose depending on if I really need a sugar kick or if I need to get rid of some liquid sugar. Or sometimes I'll dredge it in an egg mixture and then panfry it...
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
Depends on how much effort you want to put into it and how much time. I like to make it into fritters (goreng pisang) when I'm not being lazy and then drizzling some honey/maple syrup/maltose depending on if I really need a sugar kick or if I need to get rid of some liquid sugar. Or sometimes I'll dredge it in an egg mixture and then panfry it...
No, just picked up a banana to peel and eat and it looked a bit plain. Next time I can sprinkle on some mini chocolate chips and maldon salt..
Old Apr 4, 2022, 2:56 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
gaobest I'm curious where your go-to is for a mission burrito. Actually, any SF-familiar FTer could certainly chime in.
Here is the SF Chronicle food editor's regularly updated guide to burritos. I tend to go to El Farolito because the BART elevator is literally next to it and I'm usually looking for a quick-ish bite on my way in or out of the city.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/projects...o-sf-bay-area/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.