Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast food coupons at the airport?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2021, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Fast food coupons at the airport?

Mcdonalds app works at the airport. 7 eleven app works also.

Anyone use mailer coupons for cheaper airport fast food? Participating locations only and the airport locations all say no?
Old Jan 21, 2021, 12:35 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
I would understand why they would not accept them as the Airport locations usually have to pay a premium for their rent which usually includes a portion of every sale. That is why a hamburger that would be $.89 at regular location is probably double that in the airport location. They also have a higher cost ratio as they need to have their employees screened to be able to work behind security.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 7:16 am

Starbucks app can be hit or miss for star reward redemption but other perks such as the free refill are honored
Old Jan 22, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I had some Burger King coupons and tried using them at MCO, and was understandably refused.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
I once used a paper BOGO coupon at Auntie Anne's in PIT. The airport has a "street pricing" policy, so I thought I would put it to the test.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 9:41 pm

[QUOTE=jeebus;32990252]IThe airport has a "street pricing" policy/QUOTE]
Wasn't this because PIT started a program by issuing gate passes to non-flyers?
Old Jan 25, 2021, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Originally Posted by jeebus
IThe airport has a "street pricing" policy
Wasn't this because PIT started a program by issuing gate passes to non-flyers?
EWR also had this policy for years--until they got rid of all typical fast food chains and outsourced retail/restaurant operations.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I once redeemed a free entree from my TGI Fridays "Stripes" loyalty account at an airport location, even though the price was about $3-4 more than at my neighborhood location.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 10:44 am

At YVR, A&W takes coupons. Subway and Wendy's don't.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 10:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
In Scandinavia it seems the coupons for fast food places often explicitly exclude applicability at airport locations. They also often seem to exclude applicability at the submit-order-yourself kiosks elsewhere too.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I think it also depends on whether the airport restaurant (especially the fast food places) are run by a airport concessions company (like OTG, HMS Host, or Delaware North). Often times, these large companies will install their own POS systems as a cost saving measure (and so that front end employees at one restaurant can fill in for employees at another restaurant), and they probably don't have a button for these types of discounts/coupons.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by diburning
I think it also depends on whether the airport restaurant (especially the fast food places) are run by a airport concessions company (like OTG, HMS Host, or Delaware North). Often times, these large companies will install their own POS systems as a cost saving measure (and so that front end employees at one restaurant can fill in for employees at another restaurant), and they probably don't have a button for these types of discounts/coupons.
I do know that most if not all HMS Starbucks locations support earning and using the rewards program FWIW.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
In Scandinavia it seems the coupons for fast food places often explicitly exclude applicability at airport locations. They also often seem to exclude applicability at the submit-order-yourself kiosks elsewhere too.
In the US the coupons have a disclaimer such as exclusions apply and participating locations only since franchised and licensees may not participate in the promotion.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Came to mind that Finnish Burger King coupons aren't valid at HEL.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:32 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by TGarza
In the US the coupons have a disclaimer such as exclusions apply and participating locations only since franchised and licensees may not are not required to participate in the promotion.
fixed that for you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.