Hershey's chocolate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hershey's chocolate

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2020, 9:26 pm

Programs: Flying Blue ; Qatar Privilege Club, KrisFlyer
I am surprised no one has mentioned Tim-Tams. They are chocolate biscuits generously coated with chocolate (milk or dark), from Australia. If you really want a presentable biscuit to offer with tea or coffee, Tim-Tams are unbeatable. I always bring them overseas with me and everyone adores them. I abominate Hersheys about as much as most people on this forum: it is NOT proper chocolate by any stretch. There are evidently plenty of decent chocolate brands all over the world, and Hersheys should just fade into the uncool, particularly because they got the rules rewritten to accommodate their godawful ersatz chocolate recipe.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Frizzy
I am surprised no one has mentioned Tim-Tams.
That’s because this thread went wildly off topic about 7 posts ago.

There’s a whole thread on Kit Kats here -

Special flavor Kit Kats

We’d need an entire separate thread to discuss cookies and biscuits with chocolate or chocolate flavoured toppings and coatings.
FLYMSY and bensyd like this.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by LapLap
That’s because this thread went wildly off topic about 7 posts ago.

There’s a whole thread on Kit Kats here -

Special flavor Kit Kats

We’d need an entire separate thread to discuss cookies and biscuits with chocolate or chocolate flavoured toppings and coatings.
fun Kit Kats thread! I get frustrated that my phone auto corrects and adds an apostrophe. Grrrrr

we need to shun this thread and indeed start a better thread for chocolate confections that isn’t brand-specific.

that said, I guess Hershey’s is a nice introductory brand...
Old Aug 26, 2020, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Orchids
The mint/dark chocolate must have been a success since they're adding a mocha/chocolate to the Duo line.
I saw Apple Pie Kit Kat while I was sleep-surfing the net, but not for purchase.

You mentioned Wilbur Buds upthread and if you've stopped at Lititz, PA, on a drive through Pennsylvania Dutch Country, you'll recall the aroma of chocolate in the air, all over town. Missing the last time we were there, I guess due to factory closing. Hope it's returned, as i read there was something of a renaissance happening. I think the Buds pre-date Hershey Kisses, but not certain.
Mint/dark chocolate Kit-Kat ROCKS! I would recommend that anyone who's a fan of either Thin Mints (Girl Scout Cookies) or Andes Mints try these.

Apple Pie...tried it, not a fan. Even with the white chocolate coating, there's something about the flavor/texture combo that doesn't work but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Birthday Cake...tried it and it wasn't bad, but not impressive either.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 12:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by JMorgana
Mint/dark chocolate Kit-Kat ROCKS! I would recommend that anyone who's a fan of either Thin Mints (Girl Scout Cookies) or Andes Mints try these.

Apple Pie...tried it, not a fan. Even with the white chocolate coating, there's something about the flavor/texture combo that doesn't work but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Birthday Cake...tried it and it wasn't bad, but not impressive either.
I wasn't a fan of the mint/dark chocolate one.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
I wasn't a fan of the mint/dark chocolate one.
I could definitely see it not being popular with those that like milk but not dark chocolate. These, Thin Mints, and Andes wafers are the three exceptions to an almost phobic avoidance of mint anything for me.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 2:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by JMorgana
I could definitely see it not being popular with those that like milk but not dark chocolate. These, Thin Mints, and Andes wafers are the three exceptions to an almost phobic avoidance of mint anything for me.
I love Thin Mints and Andes, but didn't care for it.

I tried the birthday cake Kit Kat today, and it was fine, but nothing special. Not worth the calories.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I liked the lemon kit kats I bought around Easter.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 9:44 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Exclamation

Moderator's note:

Topic check!

Let's keep the discussion focused on discussion of Hershey's chocolate, please

Posts about cookies/biscuits/KitKats/vegemite/et al can find a home in another thread dedicated to those.

Thanks!

cblaisd, Co-Moderator, Dining Buzz
FLYMSY and LapLap like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.