Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "What does ____ cost at grocery stores in your location?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2020, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I cannot imagine being happy with someone else picking out my produce and meats, sight unseen until I get home.
THIS!
I cannot do that and will keep going to pick my produce and fresh meats as long as I can.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 3:37 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I cannot imagine being happy with someone else picking out my produce and meats, sight unseen until I get home.
I'm picky as well, so while we haven't had any (known) issues, I'm aware that's just luck of the draw and one of these days we'll get some items we won't be entirely happy with.

Surprisingly, we're finding the prices at Whole Foods aren't necessarily more expensive than Safeway, and on the balance, we're getting more in the way of organic and grass/pasture fed items.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
WF and Safeway have very similar price points - esp with private label. Safeway has a better inventory of prepackaged meats, which helps to avoid butcher queues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.