FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   DiningBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz-371/)
-   -   Online Meat Purveyors in the USA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz/2018132-online-meat-purveyors-usa.html)

Taiwaned May 20, 2020 7:00 pm

Online Meat Purveyors in the USA

Does anyone here use online meat purveyors? Which one have you found good? Quality?

We have tried Snake River Farms and Omaha Steaks thus far. We are looking for other options. While the two companies offer very different inventory, one sells American Wagyu and the other USDA. We have found that Snake River was very reliable when it comes to shipping times but Omaha Steaks changed the ship date 4 times after ordering. Which meant that the order didn't arrive on time. (not a big deal but still annoying)

Do you folks have experience with anyone? Can you introduce/recommend anyone?

csufabel May 20, 2020 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Taiwaned (Post 32391722)
Does anyone here use online meat purveyors? Which one have you found good? Quality?

We have tried Snake River Farms and Omaha Steaks thus far. We are looking for other options. While the two companies offer very different inventory, one sells American Wagyu and the other USDA. We have found that Snake River was very reliable when it comes to shipping times but Omaha Steaks changed the ship date 4 times after ordering. Which meant that the order didn't arrive on time. (not a big deal but still annoying)

Do you folks have experience with anyone? Can you introduce/recommend anyone?

You can get solid Limousin beef here if you want to pay for it.

Crowdcow is good, but get in line for the American Wagyu and most other beef.

You may just want to locate a restaurant wholesaler or a "meat guy" who also sells competition BBQ beef cuts to the public and will ship. Master Purveyors of Tampa is an example. Masters does get meats from Meyer Natural Foods, so you got that too.

lhrsfo May 21, 2020 10:02 am

I don't know about the States, but here there are so many restaurant wholesalers who are keeping their business going by supplying to retail. I don't need online meat as better is available locally, but I've so far enjoyed foie gras and an amazing tasting of five caviars through this route, all at half price.

MarkCron May 21, 2020 3:54 pm

Flannery (https://www.flannerybeef.com/) - Some of the best beef available in US, has sales on certain cuts every few weeks as well.

TWA884 May 21, 2020 4:23 pm

If you are in California or the Las Vegas area, West Coast Prime Meats.

(Local community order portal)

Taiwaned May 21, 2020 5:06 pm

Appreciate some of these suggestions.

I purchase meat online as gifts for family and friends in the greater NYC area. This is not for personal consumption.
I will consider crowdcow next time.

milepig May 23, 2020 3:12 pm

The only thing I really buy is ham from Harrington’s, and if they have special
packages then some bacon and sausage as well.

PresRDC May 28, 2020 2:23 pm

I've been using Goldbelly a lot lately.

obscure2k May 28, 2020 2:52 pm

Lobels Prime dry-aged beef is the finest beef I have eaten. It is expensive but worth the indulgence from time to time. Overnight shipping from NY-California is very expensive so I take advantage of their shipping promotions.
There is currently a promotion going on now. I think it is %50 off overnight FEDEX
www.lobels.com

PsiFighter37 May 28, 2020 6:26 pm

Order American or Japanese Wagyu from CrowdCow. I've been a repeat customer, and they are delicious. The other stuff on the website is fine, if unremarkable. The access and pricing you get on the other stuff is unparalleled. A5 Wagyu pricing - you will never order it in a restaurant again once you pay 1/3 the price you do at a steakhouse. As for American Wagyu ground beef - your burgers and chilis will never taste better.

gaobest May 28, 2020 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by PresRDC (Post 32411344)
I've been using Goldbelly a lot lately.

I love getting Ess A Bagels from them. What do you get?

obscure2k May 28, 2020 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by gaobest (Post 32412299)

I get Nancy's Fancy Gelato. As good or better than gelato in Italy.

gaobest May 29, 2020 12:44 am

Originally Posted by obscure2k (Post 32412342)
I get Nancy's Fancy Gelato. As good or better than gelato in Italy.

wow. Which flavors - I fell into pistachio because of Rick Steves mentioning it. I’m tempted to look this up because I probably have room in the freezer.

obscure2k May 29, 2020 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by gaobest (Post 32412466)
wow. Which flavors - I fell into pistachio because of Rick Steves mentioning it. I’m tempted to look this up because I probably have room in the freezer.

https://www.nancysfancy.com/flavors/ The only ones I haven't tried are the coffee and pumpkin as I am not a fan of those flavors. All of the other flavors are remarkable. Be sure to try the Butterscotch Budino and if you love chocolate , you will become a fan of the chocolate fondante, both of those are always in our freezer along with the lemon terrone.

PresRDC Jun 3, 2020 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by gaobest (Post 32412299)

A bunch of things. Black & white cookies from William Greenburg; bagels from Utopia Bagel; burgers from Pat LaFrieda; fish from Fulton Fish Market; muffulettas from Central Grocery; biscuits from Calle's Charleston Biscuits; quiche from Mrs. London's Bakery; and pastrami from Langers Deli.