Reload this Page >

Recommendation for Portable Propane Outdoor Stove

Old Jan 7, 20, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite

Anyone have a good recommendation for a good portable outdoor propane stove? I don't like cooking indoors on the stove top if I can avoid it as it often leaves a lingering smell in the house for several days and makes too much of a mess on the stove top. I don't mind the cold of cooking outdoors in the winter. I am struggling to find a good stove that will not blow-out on a windy day and that has good flame control so I can do a low simmer. The ones I've used produce too much heat that they burn/carbonize food on the bottom of a pot, which either ruins the pot or requires a long cleaning process and can ruin the food if the carbonized bits get into the food (happened to me last week - lost $150 worth of bologense sauce).

I had the one from Blackstone, but it just doesn't allow enough flame control and will not stay lit at low flame on a windy day.

Ideally I want one that sits 2-3 feet off the ground so I don't have to bend over so much, but that is the least important feature. Needs to hold the weight of an 8 quart Le Creuset oval dutch oven.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 20, 4:21 am

Have you considered an induction cooktop? They're electric, so no worries about flames/wind. They usually have very tight output control and they're instant on / instant off. If anything, they cook much like gas does.

I've been cooking with induction for decades now indoors, but have used a countertop model for portable use.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: