FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   DiningBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz-371/)
-   -   Best Fast Food Chicken (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz/1997222-best-fast-food-chicken.html)

phillygold Jan 5, 2020 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by TGarza (Post 31785056)
Golden Chick or Chicken Express for fast food chicken in Texas. Babe's for dine in.

Babe’s is awesome! A co-worker took me to the Roanoke, Texas location a couple of years ago. The chicken was crunchy, moist and properly seasoned. Washed down with sweet tea, I can’t praise it enough.

TGarza Jan 5, 2020 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by phillygold (Post 31911961)
Babe’s is awesome! A co-worker took me to the Roanoke, Texas location a couple of years ago. The chicken was crunchy, moist and properly seasoned. Washed down with sweet tea, I can’t praise it enough.

There are multiple Babe's locations in the area Garland, Carrollton, Burleson, Arlington, Frisco, North Richland Hills and a few other cities. The Babe's location near SMU in Snider Plaza is called Bubba's (same chicken and sides with yeast rolls biscuits). I buy takeout from Bubba's.

Pickles Jan 5, 2020 7:17 pm

I know this is completely pointless and way OT, but the rotisserie chicken from La Rotisserie in Hong Kong is amazing. Multiple locations, but my favorite is the Sheung Wan store.

mjm Jan 5, 2020 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Pickles (Post 31913220)
I know this is completely pointless and way OT, but the rotisserie chicken from La Rotisserie in Hong Kong is amazing. Multiple locations, but my favorite is the Sheung Wan store.

I knew that was going to come up. :) Very accurate assessment.

work2fly Jan 7, 2020 8:47 am

Count me as a Jollibee fan.

Their spicy fried chicken is my favorite - crispy skin with moist and somewhat garlicky flavored meat. They're also consistent - you may wait for an order, but it's always hot and fresh.

Duke787 Jan 7, 2020 10:56 am

Spicy Chicken Sandwich from Chick Fil A is the winner for me.

Shake Shack also makes a solid fried chicken sandwich -- had a killer one at the Shake Shack located in ICN

crabbing Jan 8, 2020 10:15 am

bonchon (korean fried chicken) is the best if you are lucky enough to live near one. the spicy is truly spicy and very addictive.

before i discovered bonchon, my favorite was pollo campero. again, if you're lucky enough to be near one.

diburning Jan 11, 2020 5:15 am

Here's my list of from best to worst:

Popeyes - Sorry, BamaVol.
Cheers Cut - A Taiwanese fried foods place. The chicken is pounded flat and breaded before frying. The breading is amazingly crispy and the chicken is amazingly moist. In the US, they're in Boston, New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
Chick-Fil-A - I wish I had one near me
Raising Canes - The chicken is just alright. The dipping sauce is the best part. The Texas toast is the second best part. I guess the chicken comes in third. The chicken is pretty much indistinguishable from frozen Costco chicken fingers.
Bojangles - Their breakfast options are quite good. Otherwise, their chicken is very unremarkable.
KFC - 11 herbs and spices? 9 of them must be salt
BonChon - I've been there three times, and have been disappointed all three times. It is very possible that my local BonChon isn't up to snuff, as their reviews on sites like Yelp and TripAdvisor are abysmal.

mosburger Jan 11, 2020 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by crabbing (Post 31924314)
bonchon (korean fried chicken) is the best if you are lucky enough to live near one. the spicy is truly spicy and very addictive.

before i discovered bonchon, my favorite was pollo campero. again, if you're lucky enough to be near one.

True, Korean fried chicken done properly is amazingly good especially as a late night snack.

JBord Jan 13, 2020 9:14 am

Originally Posted by crabbing (Post 31924314)

I've only had it delivered, and wasn't overly impressed. Good, but not great. And I love Korean or Japanese fried chicken. As with most fried chicken, perhaps it's better fresh and doesn't survive delivery well.

BuildingMyBento Jan 14, 2020 7:44 am

Originally Posted by mosburger (Post 31937733)
True, Korean fried chicken done properly is amazingly good especially as a late night snack.

Like anything Korean, the Japanese do it (in this case, chicken) much better.

mosburger Jan 20, 2020 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento (Post 31948699)
Like anything Korean, the Japanese do it (in this case, chicken) much better.

Are you sure, my fellow Gourmand FT'er? Some difference between Yakitori, which I really like and the Korean deep fried variety, for example.

Thai cooks are also rather good at deep frying chicken, far ahead of European and US "amateurs". Crispy, perfect batter and spicy sauces to match.

Visconti Jan 20, 2020 4:09 pm

I used to love KFC extra crispy, but don't think it's served anymore. Any time I'm in Manhattan, I try to drop by the Chik Fil (can't spell it).

BuildingMyBento Jan 22, 2020 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by mosburger (Post 31974168)
Are you sure, my fellow Gourmand FT'er? Some difference between Yakitori, which I really like and the Korean deep fried variety, for example.

Thai cooks are also rather good at deep frying chicken, far ahead of European and US "amateurs". Crispy, perfect batter and spicy sauces to match.

Never mind Korea, to return to the topic, the best fried chicken I've ever had was in Banda Aceh, Indonesia. It had a hint of smoky mustard and some local chili, which made it excellent.

@mosburger, where in Japan are your favorites?

mathprof Jan 25, 2020 10:53 pm

Best friend Chicken in Hawaii (to me and many others) is unfortunately only fo it yourself only now. Chicken Alice's Korean fried wings were awesome!