Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Almost 30% of Food Delivery Drivers Admit To Eating Your Food

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2019, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Yet another reason to add to the long list of reasons never to get pre-prepared food delivered. Cook your own, it's cheaper, healthier, and better for the environment.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Yet another reason to add to the long list of reasons never to get pre-prepared food delivered. Cook your own, it's cheaper, healthier, and better for the environment.
Well, yes, but when you've had a hell of a day at work, traffic turned your 20 minute commute into 90, the dog still needs to be walked and you have a blazing headache the last thing you want to do is stand by the stove cooking.
strickerj likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
You can order online from many places now, either for pickup or delivery - it isn’t just a choice between Uber Eats and spending 20 minutes on the phone with someone. I order online from my local pizza shop all the time and wouldn’t touch Uber with a ten-foot pole.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by milepig
Well, yes, but when you've had a hell of a day at work, traffic turned your 20 minute commute into 90, the dog still needs to be walked and you have a blazing headache the last thing you want to do is stand by the stove cooking.
Sounds like you need a Calgon Bath, not Uber Eats.

Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Amex MR
This is what I like about owning my own car in a semi-rural area. I havent ordered any food for delivery in like 10 years since I ordered a pizza in college for delivery. Delivery is way too expensive when you add up all the extra fees and tips and has no added benefit for my purposes. I just pick up my food through the drive through or carryout for pizza. Its like a 10 minute round trip in the car, food is still nice and hot when I get home, and I dont have to worry about a delivery driver messing with my food.

I can understand how delivery is great for homebound seniors, college kids without a car, busy urban people, but for me I see absolutely no reason to ever use it.
braslvr, dgreen12 and strickerj like this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Delivery is great for me in my “busy” urban life. I really appreciate the Caviar service and give the driver a $5 or $10 depending on order size. Mostly use caviar but I recently used DoorDash for taqueria delivery at a public swimming pool one Saturday early afternoon. We all were so thrilled and food conveniently arrived right before the pool’s forced break for kids :-)
Old Aug 17, 2019, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by gaobest
Delivery is great for me in my “busy” urban life. I really appreciate the Caviar service and give the driver a $5 or $10 depending on order size. Mostly use caviar but I recently used DoorDash for taqueria delivery at a public swimming pool one Saturday early afternoon. We all were so thrilled and food conveniently arrived right before the pool’s forced break for kids :-)
I have issues with Caviar. The menu they present isn’t the restaurant’s full menu, delivery charges are high and, in my experience, they seldom meet the delivery timeframe.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 10:53 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
When Caviar first started, I signed up and got a promo. I looked at the list of restaurants, and it was sparse, so I decided to wait until closer to the expiration of the promo to try it. When I went back to look, the list of restaurants was blank, and Caviar said "Caviar hasn't launched in your city yet!"

So, my promo expired. Months later, they mailed me a postcard with names of restaurants that I wanted to try. I figured, alright I'll place an order. I looked and looked and did not find ANY of the restaurants named on the postcard they sent me.

Fool me once.... Fool me twice....

They also refused to give me the first order promo despite me being unable to use it due to their issues starting up. So, I will never use Caviar.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
When I order delivery it's usually lamb vindaloo. Good luck eating that in your car!
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by milepig

I have issues with Caviar. The menu they present isn’t the restaurant’s full menu, delivery charges are high and, in my experience, they seldom meet the delivery timeframe.
Similar issue with Uber Eats, maybe it's been mentioned up-thread. In addition to the ridiculous delivery fees, I've noticed several times now that the price of food displayed on the app is more than on the restaurant's website.

This might fool some people, and it may still be a draw for the convenience of the app for some, but in the long term, higher menu prices + $5-10 delivery charges is not a sustainable business model, IMO. Someone is going to come along and fix the problem, and gain a big market share.
dgreen12 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.