Search

2018 Michelin/Pellegrino Level Restaurant Highs and Lows

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Ah, I see the 1* is out of date - I thought the Guide had returned to Vegas, apparently not. I ate at the Atelier which is next to the "proper" Robuchon restaurant which did indeed used to be 3*. Ateliers around the world are generally 1-2* (with the exception of Hong Kong's crazy star inflation with 3), whereas his proper restaurants are usually 3* (e.g. Ebisu, Tokyo, Vegas).
You are right with Vegas as there was the 1* Atelier and the 3* Restaurant. Both are still existing.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: AC
Very Good:
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay - 3 Stars - I was worried this return visit wouldn't live up to the memory of my first meal there 2 years ago but it's every bit as good. The caviar on top of smoked eel is definitely a highlight
Sushi Masuda - 2 Stars - now my favourite sushi-ya in the world. Intimate 6 seat counter with Masuda-san and an English speaking sous chef. Food was unreal.
The Ledbury - 2 Stars - While maybe not quite as good as I remember my last meal being, still an amazing meal and I'd happily return a third time.

Good:
Sukiyabashi Jiro Ginza - 3 Stars - Have to say. Pretty disappointed overall. The meal wasn't bad per se, just really didn't live up to expectations. Their neta preparation was probably the best I've ever had with some truly standout pieces like Kurumaebi, Awabi, Akami, Akagai, and Chu-toro. But their shari was packed so loosely it was hard to eat cause it kept falling apart. Some pieces like the tako was overly salty or too much wasabi. No service to speak of - Jiro himself only served the Japanese regulars while his son served the foreigners. Did not say a single word to us all meal, not even to announce the piece which is standard at an Omakase. Definitely not worth the money
Sushi Shin - 1 Star - As another poster mentioned above, very good but not great. I found it pricey for the quality but apparently lunch is better value
Den - 2 Stars - While the food wasn't mind-blowing, it was still very good and probably the most fun I've ever had at a Michelin star restaurant. The warmest and friendly service you can ever find and Zaiyu-san is super hospitable. I'd happily return, especially given its price.
The Clove Club - 1 Star - surprisingly high ranking on the top 50 list but I think 1 star is fair. Good food for value and good service.

Fair:
T'ang Court - 3 Stars - Disappointing for a 3 stars meal. Went for dim sum and everything was very mediocre. Only the wagyu fried rice was memorable. I had much better Michelin star dim sums at Tin Lung Heen and Sun Tung Lok
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:45 pm

1* Brat is absolutely worth the hype -- cheaper than many worse west end places.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.