Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honey on a pizza

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tokyo Disney Sea - Ristorante di Canaletto
There the 5 cheese pizza is served with honey to drizzle over it.

It was nice enough. Wouldn’t go seek it out elsewhere though.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 7:59 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Brasilians use ketchup and mustard regularly on pizza, so I guess honey isn't too far of the beaten path.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
I will try it as I'm always up for new combinations but am not holding out much hope that the marriage of pizza & honey will be a winner for me. I disagree with the statement it is like Chicago pizza, Detroit style isn't anywhere close to Chicago thick crust (& to further split hairs, Chicago thick crust consists of two styles, Pan or Stuffed)

Detroit pizza is closer to Sicilian style pizza, which is a thick crust (but a VERY light/airy crust, compared with the denser crust of Chicago thick), sparse sauce/toppings. Buddy's pizza is a good Detroit Style pizza chain, a more nationwide Detroit style would be Jet's.
good now I know where jets style is from. It reminded of high school pizza, but better. I’ll try the honey but I’ll add some red pepper too
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
a more nationwide Detroit style would be Jet's.
Also Little Caesar's Deep Deep Dish pizza. (Yes, I'm not ashamed to admit I order it when the kids are having friends over.) Occasionally, I see that they offer packets of a powdered mix of salt, sugar, and spices that you put on top of the pizza. I tried it once, and I probably wouldn't put on a pizza again.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
The best fusion cuisine the world has ever known is Italian Hawaiian. Pineapple is great on a pizza, so something sweet like honey should also work well.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Originally Posted by bensyd
The best fusion cuisine the world has ever known is Italian Hawaiian. Pineapple is great on a pizza, so something sweet like honey should also work well.
I LOVE pineapple. One of my favorite fruits. Absolutely disgusting on a pizza. I'm pretty sure I would find honey equally if not more disgusting. Save the sweets for desserts.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
There's a great pizza place called "B Side Pizza" in Hell's Kitchen that has a fantastic pizza with honey:

Killer Bee
tomato, mozzarella, sopressata, garlic puree, chili oil, honey
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Come to NYC, go to Roberta's (either at their home location in BK or at Urbanspace in midtown Manhattan) and get the 'Bee Sting'. Yum.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by braslvr
I LOVE pineapple. One of my favorite fruits. Absolutely disgusting on a pizza. I'm pretty sure I would find honey equally if not more disgusting. Save the sweets for desserts.
Completely agree. Although in a 'free world' one would have the freedom to put anything they want on a pizza. So everybody longing for a pizza with dried anchovies, durian fruit, cups of chopped Carolina Reaper and topped with Epoisse cheese, feel free to 'enjoy', but I'll definitely pass, for many reasons.

A side comment: Why should it be named pizza ? What's next: Thanksgiving Dinner with Wild Boar Steak?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:43 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
I had a lovely pizza in New London at Two Wives with goat cheese, roasted walnuts, sliced pear and drizzled with honey. A while back I had a white pizza (can't remember where) with lots of roasted garlic, duck and honey.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 12:21 pm

At the Sierra Nevada Taproom I was served some house-made ranch dressing with my pizza, which I never would have tried on my own. Was delicious. Not honey, but worth trying. I just dipped the pizza into the ranch dressing.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by braslvr
I also abhor pineapple and sweet toppings on pizza in general, but for some reason honey works really well. Especially spicy honey when there are meats present
Old Dec 26, 2018, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
At the Sierra Nevada Taproom I was served some house-made ranch dressing with my pizza, which I never would have tried on my own. Was delicious. Not honey, but worth trying. I just dipped the pizza into the ranch dressing.
From an early age, Southern children learn to dip everything in ranch dressing. Pizza included. When Mrs BV was a teacher in Tennessee, all cafeteria pizza was served with ranch on the side. I'm pretty sure the children wouldn't have eaten it without.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
My home made pizza sauce has a crap ton of honey in it.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BamaVol
From an early age, Southern children learn to dip everything in ranch dressing. Pizza included. When Mrs BV was a teacher in Tennessee, all cafeteria pizza was served with ranch on the side. I'm pretty sure the children wouldn't have eaten it without.
My neice and her husband dip everything in ranch, too. They also each weigh north of 300 lbs...I don't understand it. Though, in college, I used to dip Pokey Stix from Gumby's Pizza in ranch...yum.

I had a pepperoni and warm honey pizza the other day. It was pretty good, but I didn't think the honey really added anything to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.