Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Are you guys using group deals for dining when you travel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:19 am
Original Poster

During the years I've worked out that the money I saved by using Groupon or similar websites is in fact wasted in unused bookings as when you travel I try to make reservations for the exact dates I will be in a certain place but it gets confusing and I often lose track of these things so coupons expire and go unused
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:08 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk Linz_M and as per your request, I'm moving this from Lounges to the lovely people in Dining Buzz.

CWS/LoungesMod
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks ^
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I generally don't buy them unless it is that day and I know I'll use it. However, what might be beneficial is adding the restaurant to a calendar app on your phone. That will remind you to use it on a specific day.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:47 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Linz_M
I've used group on & other dining deals (iDine) when dining locally to where I reside but rarely, if ever, does the restaurant become any destination dining for me, so I've stopped using.

When traveling, I don't want to be relegated to having to dine someplace because it is associated with perks, I'd rather do some research and figure out where I want to dine period based on cuisine/specialty, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.