Search

Mickey D's going after Chik-Fil-A and apprently fails

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kale73
I like Raising Cane's chicken tenders.
or Zaxbys!

I eat at both Chick and McD's regularly. If the arches want to compete it starts with customer service not food! I have never met a rude Chick-Fil-A employee yet I have reported a McDonald's employee for wearing a white supremacist pin on his shirt!

Most McDonald's employees act like they are being held hostage and have no interest in taking my order. Chick-Fil-A employees beam [faux] happiness and are extremely polite.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ROCAT
virtually every city, town, village has some local place offering better chicken then them

I've not found a quick place to stop in that has as good and consistent food (side (fries) + lemonade + sandwich (or salad)). Are there one offs that are better? Sure there are but there are many worse places and If I'm hankering for a chicken sandwitch on the go, its CFA for the win.

My intake would jump substantially if they were open on sundays. I probably eat there 1-2 times/year but seem to pass them when it sounds good a lot on sundays (driving home from a vegas trip comes to mind that would probably double my intake)

Originally Posted by Madone59
Chick-Fil-A employees beam [faux] happiness and are extremely polite.
While the customer service is nice, its pretty low on my list when deciding what to grab. I'm not "dining in" so its a quick trip through the drive threw for this type of meal, I can stomach 2-4 minutes of non polite people if the food is good (which mcdonalds isn't, I do admit I'll swing in for medium fries and a DP every once in a while).

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 25, 2018 at 11:01 pm Reason: merge
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Most McDonald's employees act like they are being held hostage and have no interest in taking my order. Chick-Fil-A employees beam [faux] happiness and are extremely polite.
Agreed. I remember one night a McDonald's employee took my payment and then went and sat down at a booth until my order was ready.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by annerj
While the customer service is nice, its pretty low on my list when deciding what to grab. I'm not "dining in" so its a quick trip through the drive threw for this type of meal, I can stomach 2-4 minutes of non polite people if the food is good (which mcdonalds isn't, I do admit I'll swing in for medium fries and a DP every once in a while).
When I go I "Dine in." It's all processed crap that all tastes just slightly different, so the interaction with the establishment and employees matters to me,
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Randeman
Part of it for me is the fact that they don't put any kind of dressing on it. I hate a dry sandwich as much as I hate a dry salad. But mostly my opinion for this is with respect the chicken itself. Whoopie.
At Chick-fil-A, I've found the sandwich is juicy and flavorful enough that it doesn't need sauce.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kipper
At Chick-fil-A, I've found the sandwich is juicy and flavorful enough that it doesn't need sauce.
Same for me. Sometimes I will add the chik-fil-a sauce to the sandwich.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I go I "Dine in." It's all processed crap that all tastes just slightly different, so the interaction with the establishment and employees matters to me,
How much interaction are you actually having with fast food employees?

Its obviously preference but there is a huge difference in taste from CFA to MCD in their sandwitches. Nothing MCD has comes close to their lemonade either. *shrugs*
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by james318
I really don't get the hype either. It's OK. That's about it.
We don't have the chic one and call the other Maccas.

It's crap all made the same!

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 25, 2018 at 11:02 pm Reason: merge
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by annerj
How much interaction are you actually having with fast food employees?

Its obviously preference but there is a huge difference in taste from CFA to MCD in their sandwitches. Nothing MCD has comes close to their lemonade either. *shrugs*
I like chik-fil-a's lemonade mixed with their iced tea. Just the right amount of sweetness.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
I love the basic chik fil a sandwich (-pickle). The waffle fries are good too (esp when super hot). My favorite was the lemon pie although i don't know if they still offer it on their menu.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I live in the south, and I do not understand the appeal of Chick-fil-A. It's not the worst fast food I've ever had, but I would not go out of my way to stop and eat at one.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Between the fast food places, Chik Fil A's has better fries, chicken sandwiches, and chicken "nuggets" are way better. I'm not a big fan of the corporate business practices, but the local staff is probably the friendliest across the different companies. The local places make a decent chicken sandwich, but they're often not as consistent in quality depending who is cooking that day.

I have my routine neatly in place. I get my allergy shot, then off to either Chipotle (okay Taco Bell if I'm in a rush) or Chik Fil A (depending on if it is an even or odd day) for chicken or tacos.

If Macdos wants to really catch Chik Fil A, they need to train their staff to be nicer, the restaurants need to be brighter and "airier" and they just need to step up their customer service.

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare

I like chik-fil-a's lemonade mixed with their iced tea. Just the right amount of sweetness.
Ah, the good ol Arnold Palmer. Arizona Iced Tea sells a canned version that is adequately tart and sweet, also cheap.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
We don't have the chic one and call the other Maccas.
Does the signage actually say Maccas?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by WIRunner
Ah, the good ol Arnold Palmer. Arizona Iced Tea sells a canned version that is adequately tart and sweet, also cheap.
It's a popular summer drink in our household, albeit with a liberal dose of vodka ... aka "The Drunken Arnold Palmer."
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet
It's a popular summer drink in our household, albeit with a liberal dose of vodka ... aka "The Drunken Arnold Palmer."
I do lemonade and Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka. It's ..... something. Something that will sneak up an beat the crap out of you real quick. So tasty.

I love Chick-Fil-A. I eat very little fast food, but really don't always have time to get something better so it offers a good compromise. I can get a salad and it tastes pretty darn good. Literally just had McDonald's last week for the first time in probably 5 years and I have no idea why anyone eats there. It was painfully unsatisfying in every way. At least with Chick, it tastes good, and though not health food, it is not the worst I can do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.