Wiki Posts
Search

Mickey D's going after Chik-Fil-A and apprently fails

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet
It's a popular summer drink in our household, albeit with a liberal dose of vodka ... aka "The Drunken Arnold Palmer."
Also known as "The John Daly"

(Another acceptable version is to use sweet tea vodka and lemonade.)
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by WIRunner
Between the fast food places, Chik Fil A's has better fries, chicken sandwiches, and chicken "nuggets" are way better. I'm not a big fan of the corporate business practices, but the local staff is probably the friendliest across the different companies. The local places make a decent chicken sandwich, but they're often not as consistent in quality depending who is cooking that day.

I have my routine neatly in place. I get my allergy shot, then off to either Chipotle (okay Taco Bell if I'm in a rush) or Chik Fil A (depending on if it is an even or odd day) for chicken or tacos.

If Macdos wants to really catch Chik Fil A, they need to train their staff to be nicer, the restaurants need to be brighter and "airier" and they just need to step up their customer service.

Spot on observation. When the Chik Fil-A counter person says "It would be my pleasure" in response to my order or request, it's almost believable. No one at McDonald's ever does more than grumble at me - except possibly breakfast workers who are abnormally cheery at the local McDo.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by MissJ
I do lemonade and Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka. It's ..... something. Something that will sneak up an beat the crap out of you real quick. So tasty.

I love Chick-Fil-A. I eat very little fast food, but really don't always have time to get something better so it offers a good compromise. I can get a salad and it tastes pretty darn good. Literally just had McDonald's last week for the first time in probably 5 years and I have no idea why anyone eats there. It was painfully unsatisfying in every way. At least with Chick, it tastes good, and though not health food, it is not the worst I can do.
Mrs BamaVol's theory is that it feeds an addiction for salt. I don't salt my cooking and that's all I taste when I eat food from McDonald's about once very 2 years.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Fry's has 2 for 1 chick-fil-a coupons on the back of your receipt....kinda hard not to go for that
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BamaVol
Mrs BamaVol's theory is that it feeds an addiction for salt. I don't salt my cooking and that's all I taste when I eat food from McDonald's about once very 2 years.
Quick Tip: At McDonald's (or your french fry vendor of choice) order your fries w/o salt. Since the very first thing they do after dumping the fries in the bin is pour salt all over them, this invariably leads to them a) cleaning the bin and the fry scoop of any residual salt and b) starting a new batch of french fries. One may have to wait a few minutes, but the guarantee of piping hot fries that one can salt oneself if one so desires is well worth it. (Personally, I prefer my fries with pepper only - no added salt.)
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I don't get standing in a huge line for fast food. Anywhere, anytime, any chain. I simply don't get it. Like, at all. (By "line" I mean the long queues you see in airports for Chik-Fil-A, or the down-the-street queues at drive-thrus for various places. The regular, well-moving 2 to 3 minute queue often seen at Chipotle is okay.)

That said, I take the kids to Chik-Fil-A for breakfast once in a while. They love those little mini-biscuits and I get the spicy chicken bagel sandwich. Employees are friendly, there's no crowd, and it's consistently clean and good-quality (for what it is).

I like most of the regional burger chains - In-N-Out, Burgerville, Culver's, etc. - but am not fanatical about any of them. If there's a queue out the door at In-N-Out, I skip it...even though I only have 5-10 opportunities per year to eat there. If I go a year without it, no biggie.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:09 am

I love and miss Burgerville. It was an occasional treat, but at least it was around when I wanted it.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Any fast food place will wipe the floor with chick-fil-a on sundays
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If Macdos wants to really catch Chik Fil A, they need to train their staff to be nicer, the restaurants need to be brighter and "airier" and they just need to step up their customer service.
They could be the nicest place in the world, you'd still have McD food to deal with though

*I think their soda, when splurging on soda is hard to beat. I get small/medium fry + soda every once in a great while. Their rys if not piping hot I won't eat.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MissJ
I love and miss Burgerville. It was an occasional treat, but at least it was around when I wanted it.
Burgerville is probably my favorite of all of the "regional chains" (including the ones that have gone global like Five Guys). It's always incredibly easy to go there - easy to park, walk in, no line, order, and get food quickly. (Beaverton, OR is my "usual" Burgerville location.) Last week I had a fish sandwich and waffle fries, but the burgers are solid as well. Seems to be a pretty well-run operation.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by annerj
They could be the nicest place in the world, you'd still have McD food to deal with though

*I think their soda, when splurging on soda is hard to beat. I get small/medium fry + soda every once in a great while. Their rys if not piping hot I won't eat.
But yet nothing quite beats a 10 pc chicken nugget, or a Big Mac, if thats your sort of thing.

As for the soda, doesn't Coke do something different to the machines there? Something about better syrup or similar. I might need to look that up.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:43 pm

Add me to the list of those who really don't get the Chik fil a love. My favorite fast food chicken sandwich is Wendy's.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As for the soda, doesn't Coke do something different to the machines there? Something about better syrup or similar. I might need to look that up.
I was thinking something similar....whatever it is its noticeable.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Not insane:

https://www.simplemost.com/why-mcdon...tastes-better/
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
The thread made me hungry so I had chik-fil-a for lunch. Their Spicy Deluxe chicken sandwich is my favorite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.