Your favorite Breakfast?

Your favorite Breakfast?

Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: None
English breakfast for me.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Smoked salmon with two soft-pouched eggs; brown toast and champagne, if a work-free/drive-free day
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Made ham, sharp chedder and an egg over easy on a toasted baguette sandwiches this a.m Yum.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Made ham, sharp chedder and an egg over easy on a toasted baguette sandwiches this a.m Yum.
I love breakfast sandwiches. At one point, I was seriously considering open a small store that specialized in breakfast sandwiches. How great would that be to step off the train in downtown Chicago, or a busy L stop by one of the universities and grab a freshly made gourmet breakfast sandwich for your walk? I had actually come up with about two dozen combinations before reality set in.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by JBord
I love breakfast sandwiches. At one point, I was seriously considering open a small store that specialized in breakfast sandwiches. How great would that be to step off the train in downtown Chicago, or a busy L stop by one of the universities and grab a freshly made gourmet breakfast sandwich for your walk? I had actually come up with about two dozen combinations before reality set in.
^ Have you had the breakfast sandwich from Bennison's in Evanston? OMG!

If you want something savory for breakfast, look no further than our Toulouse sandwich. Fresh scrambled eggs on a flaky croissant with bacon and ham, drizzled with bechamel sauce.
Bennison's Bakery - Freshly Made Sandwiches
Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
^ Have you had the breakfast sandwich from Bennison's in Evanston? OMG!

Bennison's Bakery - Freshly Made Sandwiches
I try not to get out of the city much, except for the airport . But I do have friend in Wilmette, so may have to meet there for breakfast one day!
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: Delta, United, American, Norwegian, Southwest, Frontier, Bonvoy
Love the English breakfast except for the English-style bacon. Tried the black pud, once was enough. I’ll skip the tomato. I love the Bircher Muesli I had in Switzerland and New Zealand - tried to duplicate it at home with limited success. The usual meat-cheese-and bread offerings in Europe are fine but I get tired of them. Eating at home, one of my weird favorites is bagel and cream cheese with bacon on type (I rarely indulge). Oh and sausage gravy on biscuit, yum.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:06 pm

7-8 eggs, scrambled
I'm a weightlifter
I carry a lot of food when I travel, sometimes I have to order 2 breakfasts.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Crumpets or Turkish or Asian... always Asian on a plane

Banana on toasted English crumpets with butter. Same on Vogel bread toasted.

Turkish breakfasts... in Turkey.

Always Asian breakfast in a plane. Lost count of the giggles I've had seeing others choose the "American breakfast" option omelette. They got a rubber frisbee, I got a wonderful breakfast.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: Varies
Anything without eggs.

I don't get much choice when visiting the USA, where eggs for breakfast seems to be a religion (or a clever marketing ploy by the egg industry there).

I do like the fact that avocado on toast is appearing on more menus, and I rarely turn down a bacon or sausage (british-style) sandwich as long as there are no eggs in it.

Does breakfast sandwich imply there are eggs in it? I've struggled to find an eggless breakfast sandwich in North American countries.

Originally Posted by milepig
I vote for leftover ribs, eaten cold while standing in front of the fridge with the door open.
Followed by leftover trifle

Originally Posted by Craig6z
Cold pizza

Yes!! Especially if the pizza has bacon on it.

Originally Posted by trooper
But the Brits could learn from you folks and ADD SOME POTATO!!! Then I would ......SWOON over the meal!!!
Bubble and squeak? Very traditional, and also nutritious But please, no brussel sprouts, they're the work of the devil. I was surprised to see how trendy they seemed to be, on my last trip to California, when they were on most menus. We tend to only eat them on Christmas Day in the UK, and the traditional way of dealing with them is to only take two out of politeness then secretly feed them to the dog.
trooper likes this.

Last edited by cblaisd; Feb 15, 2018 at 8:01 am Reason: merged poster's five consecutive posts
Old Feb 15, 2018, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by ttama
Does breakfast sandwich imply there are eggs in it? I've struggled to find an eggless breakfast sandwich in North American countries.
I suppose it varies by country/region. But it needs a traditional breakfast item of some type in it, or it's just a sandwich. In the US, we have some non-egg variations, such as fried chicken on a buttermilk biscuit, or a breakfast sausage (patty not link) and cheese biscuit. Then, of course, you could use waffles or pancakes as the "bread" and have them double as the breakfast components.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 5:24 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by trooper
This whole thread makes me hungry....
This.
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
It so depends on the circumstances. A cold winter's day on the road, or even at home, a lovely cooked breakfast is to die for (and, if I eat too many, no doubt I will...). But one of the most idyllic breakfasts I have ever had was on a terrace overlooking Orvieto, with fresh fruit juice, ripe tomatoes, perfect olive oil and wonderful breads, as well as home made jam and marmalade. Perfection.
My favorite breakfast also depends on teh circumstances and even my mood. Some days, I crave something light and healthy. Other days, primarily cold, winter days, I crave a heavier breakfast.
Originally Posted by BamaVol
I left that off of mine. I'll also take a mediocre daily crossword if it's not Sunday. And the Jumble. I leave Sudoku for the Mrs. unless she's away and it's all mine.
On Sundays, Barron's for me. Assuming USPS delivers it on Saturday.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: Varies
I suppose it varies by country/region. But it needs a traditional breakfast item of some type in it, or it's just a sandwich. In the US, we have some non-egg variations, such as fried chicken on a buttermilk biscuit, or a breakfast sausage (patty not link) and cheese biscuit. Then, of course, you could use waffles or pancakes as the "bread" and have them double as the breakfast components.
That sounds like what I've found when I've been in the USA, which I don't find very appetising. I used to try the "Five Easy Pieces" approach to breakfast in the USA, but that got tiring so now I tend to skip it and wait for lunch, when spam eggs aren't compulsory.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Bagel with cream cheese and a coffee with milk. But it must be the good stuff. 99.9% of bagel places are s**t. I'm talking Ess-a-Bagel, Murray's Bagels, or H&H Midtown Bagels East.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:38 pm

Favorite breakfast ever was the Eggs Benedict with lobster meat instead of ham at The Westin Ft. Lauderdale. Even when we moved south to Hollywood. FL, I drove back to have it several times on that trip.
DeathSlam likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.