Chowhound - ranking the fast food cheeseburgers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chowhound - ranking the fast food cheeseburgers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
When my daughters were just starting to like hamburgers, they were relatively clean sheets. Their lists vary a little, but have Wendy's, Smashburger, and Culver's (Wisconsin chain, big in the midwest) relatively high up. Older daughter likes 5 guys, younger one does not (more because she hates peanuts - not allergic). They also really liked their one Whataburger experience, so probably at the tail end of the top 5. Weren't too keen on Steak n Shake, and McDs and BK bring up the rear.

They do like Red Robin, though.

Never heard of: The Habit, Dick's, Burgerville, Elevation, and Freddy's.

EDIT: After googling, I do remember seeing Freddy's when I used to travel to Wichita for client work. I'm sure I must've seen them more than that, also, given their footprint (30 states!).
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:53 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by work2fly
I don't look to Chowhound as a reliable authority on much of anything anymore.

It used to be a fantastic resource - you could get good tips on where to go, pretty much anywhere. It seems the last website revision, a few years back, drove many regular contributors away??
agreed on all counts, a large Chicago contingent was driven away quite a number of years ago, never been the same since IMO.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by work2fly
I don't look to Chowhound as a reliable authority on much of anything anymore.

It used to be a fantastic resource - you could get good tips on where to go, pretty much anywhere. It seems the last website revision, a few years back, drove many regular contributors away??
Yep. I used to be on Chowhound daily...like FT. The revision did me in and it became more of a chore to go on. Sad...I miss it.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:05 pm

Seriously.... Jack in the box and Wendy's standards had gone down through the years....

MAC.... D... BURGER SHRUNK.

I personally much preferred... IN & Out and Teddy's bigger burgers in Hawaii...

Try Teddy's gourmet burgers if you have the chance... It's upmarket fast food burger at its best. Don't forget the fatty Nutella shake....
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:43 pm

I like Lotteria Bulgolgi korean beef burger out of Korea.

Mos burger (japanese chain) has some very good burgers.
Their chicken katsu burger is good too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.