Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is there food you take with you on a trip?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club

I don't bring anything with me although I tend to bring food and drink back from faraway places.

I noticed someone posted traveling with Raisin Bran. Mrs BV does the same. She takes Oatmeal Crisp with Almonds and Braggs Apple Cider vinegar. Keeps her regular and heartburn free and she doesn't have to worry about finding a source at her destination.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I take a box of Trader Joe's cereal and some coffee with me to Argentina. I also take a bunch of chocolate and other sweet treats (mostly from TJs) to Argentina, and at my friends' place for dinner, you've never seen people eff up food like this - 3 sisters (in the 50+ category) fighting over the leftovers. Same with the Lindt balls and Ferrero Rocher "Costco-sized" packs that another friend brings.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I start every single day of my life with a half of a TJ's dark chocolate bar. Every single day it's the first thing I do when I wake up. So I always take enough to last me through the trip.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Vegemite. I usually toss a travel tube of it in my suitcase. If I have access to Vegemite then I won't go for the big, full breakfast, and I'll just have toast.
seavisionburma likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by bensyd
Vegemite. I usually toss a travel tube of it in my suitcase. If I have access to Vegemite then I won't go for the big, full breakfast, and I'll just have toast.
(sigh) we're such clichés - I don't take it with me but I always scout the food halls for it.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Now that I am an expat(sea turtle) I do the expat thing of visiting Costco stateside and maxing out our FF Status extra baggage allowance.

Lindt's dark 90%
Olive salad for muffuletta
real New York or Montreal style bagels
real 100% maple syrup
Thick cut ribeyes
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
When going to my vacation home in California, I always bring tea - you just can't get decent tea in the USA. Otherwise I tend to travel with some GF biscuits in case of emergency.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:59 am

Chocolate Bar!
Old Sep 27, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
protein bars in case I am stuck somewhere with no food. always have some on hand in my suitcase.
firecracker725 and MiscMel70 like this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:03 am

Sea Salt and hazlenut Chocolate to have with my coffee
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:53 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

My wife takes peanut butter.. she loves her peanut butter...

we did discover that it's considered a "liquid" a number of years back....

FDW
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I always take a bag of almonds in the event I get hungry.

If the hotel has a keurig coffee pot & I have room I bring my own pods because I often don't like those provided.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Coffee beans from a good Seattle (non-Starbucks) coffee shop. Dark chocolate (Bag of Dove pieces) to go with my morning coffee. Protein bars. Sam's Club large containers of mixed nuts.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
The only time I have to bring food with me when I travel is when I'm on a road trip. They require a bag of Twizzlers. If I haven't bought it in advance, it's the first stop before we hit the road. It is, somewhat, in memory of my great aunt that took me on my first real road trip in the summer of 1978 as we went from central NJ to Boothbay Harbor ME in her Camaro (she was 66) to visit former neighbors of hers. She was stocked with two types of Twizzlers and since then I have to have them on road trips.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:36 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Bear4Asian
Coffee beans from a good Seattle (non-Starbucks) coffee shop. Dark chocolate (Bag of Dove pieces) to go with my morning coffee. Protein bars. Sam's Club large containers of mixed nuts.
What's your coffee shop of choice in Seattle? it's been a long time since I've lived there but I was always partial to Vivace (and my wife still orders from their for my birthday/Father's day/Xmas)

FDW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.