Reload this Page >

Alternatives to Starbucks?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alternatives to Starbucks?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2016, 12:34 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by gaobest
I love SBUX app - it's helpful even if they aren't busy. Sometimes I've used it when I'm there because of lines but in general if I plan to get SBUX then I'll use app before driving over. I mostly only use it when on vacation :-)
Everyone knows you get DOUBLE POINTS using the SBUX app, Right?
Old Nov 25, 2016, 12:40 pm
JBa

Programs: some
I like to go to independent coffee shops. Unfortunately they are hard to find where I live. So I end up once or twice a week at SBX
Enjoyed Pacific Coffee in Shanghai and Hong Kong. Pricewise the same as SBX but coffee tasted better.^
Old Nov 25, 2016, 5:23 pm

I like The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by oneant
Getting fed up with many aspects of Starbucks...Anyone know of a reliable place to...get a good to-go cup of strong black coffee without all the hassle?
As others have said, McDonald's and Dunkin Donuts have good coffee for way less.
But if you want coffee while at home try instant coffee; it's OK:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27529617-post26.html
Old Nov 27, 2016, 11:36 am
JBa

Programs: some
I am surprised that so many posters like the McDonalds coffee. Not at all impressed with it.
How do you guys think about the Panera Bread coffee. I find it appealing to my tastebutts.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by JBa
I am surprised that so many posters like the McDonalds coffee. Not at all impressed with it.
How do you guys think about the Panera Bread coffee. I find it appealing to my tastebutts.
I'm okay with Panera coffee despite it always being too darn hot to drink immediately. I am usually finished with the bagel/muffin before I can take a sip without burning a lip.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by BamaVol
it always being too darn hot to drink immediately ...before I can take a sip without burning a lip.
Be careful.
That coffee may well be as hot as 190 degrees F (over 87 degrees C).
At 162 degrees F human tissue is destroyed on contact.

Old Nov 27, 2016, 9:39 pm

Peet's Coffee is my favorite. But I've only seen them in CA and MA. Then again I don't travel to many different places in the US.

In America: Peet>>CBTL>Starbucks>>>>>McD>Dunkin (actually, McD is no better than Dunkin, but Dunkin is also overpriced).

Doutor Coffee in Jpn is my favorite coffee chain. Starbucks in Jpn are not that much different than in US, but their drinks are made more consistently well, they offer free self-serve syrups and the maccha latte is infinitely better.

Dunkin: so overrated. I used to live in BOS where everyone's got this inexplicable loyalty to Dunkin. Dunkin is overhyped and overpriced.

McDonald: also not good. Their coffee is often very bitter.

Starbucks: At least they're good sometimes, and they also provide you with a decent venue to unwind if you decide to drink in. However, sometimes their latte just tastes like hot milk.

Coffee Bean (only been to ones in AZ and at SEA): Coffee slightly better than Starbucks, although the latte at Starbucks can be better than the one at CBTL depending on who's making it at Starbucks. They definitely have better selection of tea than Starbucks.

Caribou: Only had them a few times... I didn't think they were that good.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Every time I venture out to some other chain, always end up coming back to Starbucks. It's very hard to beat the rewards, convenience, app, ambiance (for the price), and refills (a huge deal for anyone accustomed to doing work in a café for any length of time!)

What I really don't get is how people have coffee in donut places. Horrible watered down slop at Dunkin Donuts, Tim Hortons, etc. with a fast food vibe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.