Search

Food(s) you will not eat for the life of you

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2016, 2:29 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by mapleg
It is the King of Cheese to me.

How can one eat Buffalo Chicken Wings without blue cheese dressing? Impossible!
I'll take a dab of blue cheese for buffalo wings... but that's the only exception.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 12:05 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, 2MM, Bonvoy PLT, NYT Monday crossword puzzle solver extraordinaire
Green peas. English peas, whatever they're called.

I threw up a little bit in my mouth, just thinking about them. I'd throw up a lot out of my mouth if I were forced to ever eat them again.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:24 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Most vinegary things - particularly malt vinegar. I know this is anathema in the land of fish & chips, but the smell of ethanoic acid makes my stomach turn. Sweeter vinegars - and rice vinegar - aren't so bad.

Consequently, things like ketchup and salad cream are equally vile to me. Mayonnaise, too - whether home-made or industrial. It's just unnecessary gloop with an unpleasant taste.

Blue cheese, well, I don't mind, but I'm not really a fan. Quite often I find myself thinking that it's a great way to ruin a perfectly nice, salty, tangy sheep's cheese.

Not particularly tempted to try insects, and I don't like eating things that are too fermented. No desire to try eating the more sentient animals - having been offered dog, monkey in the past. Octopus, I now avoid, even though it's particularly tasty.

But the standard farm animals, quite happy to eat most parts of them. Not a fan of kidney, but that's about it.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:14 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Soylent green.
yes, Soylent red is delicious
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
I dislike bad blue cheese
agreed, when good it is sublime but when bad, UGH.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by stut
Most vinegary things - particularly malt vinegar. I know this is anathema in the land of fish & chips, but the smell of ethanoic acid makes my stomach turn. Sweeter vinegars - and rice vinegar - aren't so bad.

Consequently, things like ketchup and salad cream are equally vile to me. Mayonnaise, too - whether home-made or industrial. It's just unnecessary gloop with an unpleasant taste.

Blue cheese, well, I don't mind, but I'm not really a fan. Quite often I find myself thinking that it's a great way to ruin a perfectly nice, salty, tangy sheep's cheese.

Not particularly tempted to try insects, and I don't like eating things that are too fermented. No desire to try eating the more sentient animals - having been offered dog, monkey in the past. Octopus, I now avoid, even though it's particularly tasty.

But the standard farm animals, quite happy to eat most parts of them. Not a fan of kidney, but that's about it.
Even salt & vinegar crisps? I always get them when I visit the UK.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Even salt & vinegar crisps? I always get them when I visit the UK.
Come to Canada sometime. They are ubiquitous.

One example

http://www.lays.ca/product-categories/lays%C2%AE

http://www.lays.ca/products/lays%C2%...r-potato-chips
Old Nov 14, 2016, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i dont think i could ever eat something alive/moving

Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
All Raw and most Cooked fish and seafoods
Escargot
Bison
love it all including https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_(food)

isnt vinegar used in a lot, like a lot of BBQ? i love good mustard/vinegar BBQ.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 1:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
No organ meats like liver, kidneys, brains, etc. And no octopus in the seafood category. Tastes like fishy rubber bands IMHO.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
- Licorice - particularly the traditional black - vile, horrid thing that dares call itself candy!

- Most mushrooms - can't stand them, especially the texture and consistency of cooked ones. Only exception so far was some very small ones in a couple of dishes on my most recent trip to Japan that I actually liked some reason.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: BAEC, IB+, TAM multi+
I do not like boiled egg. I don't know why, any other way is fine but boiled egg, hard or soft, is ugh. I do eat boiled egg if it's in a curry, though.

I do not like liver. Chicken liver at least. I have never eaten beef liver steak because I don't think I'd like it.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Bakpapier
I do not like boiled egg. I don't know why, any other way is fine but boiled egg, hard or soft, is ugh. I do eat boiled egg if it's in a curry, though.

I do not like liver. Chicken liver at least. I have never eaten beef liver steak because I don't think I'd like it.
Maybe I should cook you up a recipe from my cheap student days.

Liver Creole, or if that is no good...curry and raisin hotdogs.

Yuck...did not like them much then , and definitely not today.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 6:45 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Raw celery. Blech!! <puke>
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by JY1024
I agree, sort of, but for me it's a texture issue. I'd rather chew on a washcloth. I can only tolerate the very tender hearts.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:35 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Rhubarb or any breakfast cereal beverage. It's a texture thing.

Also, any bugs in a candy.

Spiders.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC, IB+, TAM multi+
Originally Posted by JY1024
It's my go-to low calory snack food, celery ! Together with cucumber.

Now what I enjoy a whole lot less is carrot. It's not vile but it's just not delicious. It's a chore to eat. The tiny thin carrots are more delicious than the enormous winter carrots we get here though which taste of nothing at all. At least the tiny ones have some taste (we call them 'forest carrots' though I've never seen carrots grow in a forest).

Raw carrot is ok as something tasteless that fills the stomach. Soft boiled carrot is also okay. But the stage in between which most people seem to enjoy (hard, but not raw) is the worst, in my opinion. I want it either raw or soft but not in between.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.