FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   DiningBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz-371/)
-   -   Food(s) you will not eat for the life of you (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz/1800252-food-s-you-will-not-eat-life-you.html)

OceanAir Nov 5, 2016 11:22 am

McDonalds or pretty much anything from a truck stop. I always feel terrible after eating at McDonalds.

Vaucluse Nov 5, 2016 1:08 pm

Oxtail Soup

be001 Nov 5, 2016 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 (Post 27434569)
Any in particular or all olives?

I have yet to find an olive I like. Although olive oil is nice

thelark Nov 5, 2016 9:53 pm

Mayo, mustard, ketchup, pickles, olives, peppers, tomatoes

In contrast, love things like olive oil, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, tomato sauce

phillygold Nov 5, 2016 11:22 pm

For my relatives down South: no raccoon, squirrel, or other creatures you chase up a tree and shoot.
And hogs head. I still have disturbed visions of seeing one boiling in a pot of water on the stove as a child.

teddybear99 Nov 6, 2016 2:54 am

Peanuts because it can actually take the life out of me. (I take precautions when flying as "dust" doesn't seem to affect me)

Foods that I hate and will not eat-Olives, Capers, Brussel Sprouts, Cauliflower, Scallions (Although I like red and yellow onions), duck, octopus, and conch. There are more but I can't think of them right now.

There also things I am ok with but not with each other like cucumbers in sushi (I ask for my rolls to be made with out them).

CurbedEnthusiasm Nov 6, 2016 4:33 am

Mayonnaise. I hate even typing the work because it makes my stomach church. Disgusting, vile stuff. I have trouble liking people who like it a lot.

PFSHero Nov 6, 2016 9:19 pm

We were in Cambodia when I and my workmates decided to eat some Cambodian street foods. Then they decided to try the fried spiders. The spider was as big as my hand. I had to chew every part of it. My stomach came down few hours after. I promised not to eat spiders again.

Never trying spiders in my life ever. :)

stimpy Nov 7, 2016 5:35 am

Originally Posted by phillygold (Post 27442839)
And hogs head. I still have disturbed visions of seeing one boiling in a pot of water on the stove as a child.

That reminds me, Tête de veau is a somewhat popular dish near where I live. I have zero interest in trying it.

VivoPerLei Nov 7, 2016 6:37 am

I had to really think, but finally came up with one thing that disgusts me (other than fat) - jambon persille. I did try it, but couldn't get it down

Reading through this thread, it makes me wonder how difficult it is to come up with a blind tasting menu that everyone will eat. I normally just tell them, no dietary restrictions - I'll be happy to eat whatever you serve me.

mosburger Nov 7, 2016 12:51 pm

I can easily digest most offal, pigs/hogs head in a Korean style thick broth are a delicacy and all veggies are welcome but there are some rather disgusting dishes:

- All truly sweet pastry and desserts, although for example cheesecakes and more bitter chocolate varieties are perfectly fine

- Fish raised in mud dumps in Asia like pangasius/catfish are really vile

- Dog meat Chinese style happens to taste awful

- Almost all ready made and frozen dishes have this strong industrial side taste, blech...

Old Hickory Nov 7, 2016 1:07 pm

Life cereal.

WorldLux Nov 7, 2016 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by CurbedEnthusiasm (Post 27443412)
Mayonnaise. ... I have trouble liking people who like it a lot.

The industry kind-a-thing or the proper French/Belgian homemade Mayonnaise. There are truly disgusting Mayonnaises out there and then you have traditional, homemade mayonnaise I could die for...

PsiFighter37 Nov 7, 2016 5:14 pm

I won't eat anywhere close to a box of McNuggets. Used to love them but puked my brains out when I was a kid after a bad batch...never again.

Ber2dca Nov 7, 2016 5:23 pm

Aside from gross stuff like insects, I'd say licorice. Won't go near it.