Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Food(s) you will not eat for the life of you

Food(s) you will not eat for the life of you

Old Nov 30, 16, 4:13 pm
  #151  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: MCO
Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Posts: 22,954
Originally Posted by LittleBoyBrew View Post
The 'Coat of Arms' pizza at the Australian Hotel in Sydney - half kangaroo, half emu! Preferred the emu.

Also lots of kangaroo jerky around.

My food of (not) choice: the brain sandwich. I traveled to Evansville, Indiana on a regular basis for over 10 years. They have a restaurant that specializes in the brain sandwich, locals always talked about taking me there, I always avoided it.
I've eaten sweetbreads and liked it/them.

I have however, seen a can of pork brains in milk gravy on more than one supermarket shelf and decided it was not something I would care to eat.
BamaVol is offline  
Old Dec 1, 16, 1:13 am
  #152  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: RSE
Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Posts: 11,918
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie View Post
How prevalent is kangaroo meat in Australia? I recall only seeing it on a menu in Alice Springs at a tourist restaurant.
Not very. It's very healthy, but that means the steaks are hard to cook. I don't mind the odd Kanga Banga though.
bensyd is offline  
Old Dec 1, 16, 1:15 am
  #153  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: ATL/MCO
Programs: Free agent
Posts: 3,658
Originally Posted by Annalisa12 View Post
Too many to list,

Oysters, liver, snails, meat pies, rare meat, octopus, kangaroo meat, anything that moves
So are you a vegetarian or will you not eat anything that moves at the time of eating it?
miamiflyer8 is offline  
Old Dec 1, 16, 1:17 am
  #154  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: RSE
Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Posts: 11,918
Originally Posted by Annalisa12 View Post
Too many to list,

Oysters, liver, snails, meat pies, rare meat, octopus, kangaroo meat, anything that moves
Which part of the meat pie puts you off?
bensyd is offline  
Old Dec 1, 16, 2:53 am
  #155  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NYC
Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Posts: 2,028
Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
Yuck.

Southern Comfort is pretty vile also. Knew a guy in high school who threw up a bottle of that on the hood of a car and it destroyed the paint. God knows what that does to your stomach.
I would think the stomach acids had more effect on the paint than the SC.
Fornebufox is offline  
Old Dec 1, 16, 11:24 am
  #156  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: BOS, PVD, HYA
Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Posts: 639
Originally Posted by Fornebufox View Post
I would think the stomach acids had more effect on the paint than the SC.
I've poured Red Bull straight from the can onto a painted stage before FOR SCIENCE!! It removed the paint in a matter of minutes. Don't drink much Red Bull anymore...
financialhippie is offline  
Old Dec 1, 16, 2:22 pm
  #157  
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: ORD (MDW stinks)
Programs: UAMM, AA ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire/Ambassador
Posts: 22,504
Originally Posted by financialhippie View Post
Don't drink much Red Bull anymore...
ha! I bet.
Originally Posted by LittleBoyBrew View Post
My food of (not) choice: the brain sandwich. I traveled to Evansville, Indiana on a regular basis for over 10 years. They have a restaurant that specializes in the brain sandwich, locals always talked about taking me there, I always avoided it.
I had read about brain sandwiches in St Louis: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwe...uis-thing.html

I still haven't had one, I would try though.

Just don't like the St Louis pizza with provel cheese, yuck.
-
Sweet Willie is online now  
Old Dec 2, 16, 2:53 am
  #158  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NYC
Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Posts: 2,028
Originally Posted by financialhippie View Post
I've poured Red Bull straight from the can onto a painted stage before FOR SCIENCE!! It removed the paint in a matter of minutes. Don't drink much Red Bull anymore...
I understand that Coke has a similar effect. (actually,that's another thing I never touch)
Fornebufox is offline  
Old Dec 2, 16, 10:47 am
  #159  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: BOS, PVD, HYA
Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Posts: 639
Originally Posted by Fornebufox View Post
I understand that Coke has a similar effect. (actually,that's another thing I never touch)
Isn't that crazy? Stuff people consume by the gallons, and most of us barely even take the time to figure out what it does to us...

I should really stop drinking coke too
financialhippie is offline  
Old Dec 4, 16, 10:38 pm
  #160  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,959
coke and camel milk.
kaka is offline  
Old Dec 5, 16, 1:22 am
  #161  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: MCO
Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Posts: 22,954
Originally Posted by kaka View Post
coke and camel milk.
Is that a thing or two things?
BamaVol is offline  
Old Dec 5, 16, 1:41 am
  #162  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Atherton, CA
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Posts: 21,693
Cool

Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
Yuck.

Southern Comfort is pretty vile also. Knew a guy in high school who threw up a bottle of that on the hood of a car and it destroyed the paint. God knows what that does to your stomach.
I knew a girl in college who invited me over for a mixed drink composed of sloe gin, Southern Comfort, and orange juice.
Doc Savage is offline  
Old Dec 5, 16, 5:11 am
  #163  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,427
Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
I knew a girl in college who invited me over for a mixed drink composed of sloe gin, Southern Comfort, and orange juice.
Janis Joplin?
VivoPerLei is offline  
Old Dec 15, 16, 12:26 am
  #164  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: ATL/MCO
Programs: Free agent
Posts: 3,658
Originally Posted by kaka View Post
coke and camel milk.
American or Colombian coke?
miamiflyer8 is offline  
Old Dec 15, 16, 8:41 am
  #165  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: BOS, PVD, HYA
Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Posts: 639
Originally Posted by BamaVol View Post
Is that a thing or two things?
"Jack and coke please. Actually, make that a camel milk and coke!"
financialhippie is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: